FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Free emergency car door unlocking

<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Free emergency car door unlocking

I was just curious - does anyone else offer free CDU's in the event that a child or pet is locked in the vehicle? I just did my first emergency car door unlock and was wondering if anyone else does it for free.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Re: Free emergency car door unlocking

You're awesome! IMO
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:58 pm

The police or fire department will. And in this state, you can smash open a window in the event of even a pet left unattended in a hot car, let alone a child.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:01 pm

I'd smash a window out (if I was out of uniform..) if I ever saw a pet OR a child in a car.
Stuff like this is why I love my job. I've done work (for free) rescuing animals for the SPCA and police. This is just another good deed to put under my belt.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:13 pm

UnlockD wrote:I'd smash a window out (if I was out of uniform..) if I ever saw a pet OR a child in a car.
Stuff like this is why I love my job. I've done work (for free) rescuing animals for the SPCA and police. This is just another good deed to put under my belt.

And kudos to you for doing it!

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 am

Good Carma!
Nice job. :salute:
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:37 am

UnlockD wrote:I was just curious - does anyone else offer free CDU's in the event that a child or pet is locked in the vehicle? I just did my first emergency car door unlock and was wondering if anyone else does it for free.

I think that it's great that you provide this service for free, the best I can offer is the rescue hammer that I have in my armrest ;)

Keep up the great work :salute:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:16 pm

UnlockD wrote:I was just curious - does anyone else offer free CDU's in the event that a child or pet is locked in the vehicle? I just did my first emergency car door unlock and was wondering if anyone else does it for free.

Absolutely Not,
While I don't mind taking a percentage off my bill, or throwing in a bit of free work, I never do a job of any kind at no charge.
Just wait for that info to make it's way around town, and soon You'll have lots of free work to do.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 pm

Local shop in my city here, Bob's Lock, Safe and Key has sometimes been known to do lockouts for free if there is a child in the car.
I was told it was not standard policy so perhaps it just depends on which driver is responding. I don't know.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm

Yeah, it would be horrible publicity for a locksmith to refuse to open a car with a kid in it.

Gordon
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Many years ago when I used to do towing, I saw a lady at the gas pumps accidentally lock the door, and I could see she did not have her keys with her. I pulled up next the the car and could see the baby inside. I asked her if she had her keys on her and she immediately started to panic. I asked her permission to unlock the car and then handed her a business card. I told her I could not accept payment since I offered my services but that she could call and use us anytime.

She called to thank my boss and it almost got.me fired. It was not the last time I did something like that though. I saw an elderly couple on the freeway one night their car was at a dead stop in the #3 lane. There were two different cop cars that happened on them the same time as me. I pulled in front of their car as the cops blocked that lane and loaded them up. I got them off the freeway and told them I would call any tow company they wanted from there but I could not charge them or accept money from them, and since I picked them up without giving them a choice they would have to take someone else. (This was in San Diego and California has laws against tow trucks soliciting business) The old lady insisted it had to be me to take them. We argued for ten minutes and I finally made her sign on the invoice that she insisted. I only charged her the mileage from where we stopped to their house.

My boss once again went through the roof when the highway patrol commercial enforcement officer called to thank me.
<<

machinist

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 am

if I'm just getting groceries or whatever and I see someone I do it for free and give them my card.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 am

It makes my day to see that there are still good people doing good deeds. Iv seen some crazy situations where people instead of helping, just turn around and walk away. Great work man, my hats of to you.

Return to Professional Locksmiths