FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

How are you using the web to find new clients?

<<

helpfulhand

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm

How are you using the web to find new clients?

What kind of internet marketing tools are you guys using to find perspective clients? Is there anything in particular that's actually generating leads? Let me know.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: How are you using the web to find new clients?

I finally gave up on the phone book, which seems to have died, at least in my town. One day an internet optimization service called and
after doing 1-2 jobs a week for a few weeks I finally gave in & ordered their service. They charged me a $200 starting fee and then $200 per month thereafter. Well I was not disappointed, inside of the first week calls started rolling in and before long I had a new thing to be mad about-all the scammers who were formerly stealing almost all of my work! Anyhow they had let it slip, that they had a $1400 per 14 month charge that I could pay, if I liked their service and after 4-5 months went by, that's what I did, cause paying $200/ month was bothering me, not that they didn't much more than pay for themselves, I just like to cut costs wherever I can. After the first week a different optimization company also called, they only charged $100 per month, so I have been using them both! I am very happy about my choice and I continue to see brand new clients almost every day. Yesterday out of the blue a lady with a new protective order called and I put in a couple high security (Assa) deadbolts and a couple of charley bars and Bam! That was $500+ right there that I woulda never got without these guys helping me with my internet.

One way I graded these guys was to begin I would type "locksmith in my town, zip code" and hit enter. I was, at first dismayed to find I was coming up on the 4th or 5th page, even though I have been in this town over 25 years. This optimization quickly pushed me onto page one & that is where the business resides!
<<

Deadlock

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:28 am

jones, you'll have to rename your business Aardvark Locks... that'll get you at the top of the list everywhere. :smile:
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:37 am

Deadlock wrote:jones, you'll have to rename your business Aardvark Locks... that'll get you at the top of the list everywhere. :smile:

Thing is those lists aren't in alphabetical order...
<<

Deadlock

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:10 pm

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was...

...aardvark.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Yeah, then AAA came along and they began suing everyone who used AAA or even AAAA before their name in the phonebook

I got a referral today from the hardware store I was mad at. I bought a couple of 5/8" drill bits from them last year to drill the bolts off of a Star safe lid & one of them turned into a twisted pretzel inside of 3 seconds & they wouldn't credit the drill bit which cost as much as 3 would have, if I had bought them from a machinist supply house. Of course I'm not mad at them anymore.
<<

helpfulhand

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Glad to hear internet optimization is working out for you jones. Did any of those companies recommend you also increase your presence on social media?
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 pm

helpfulhand wrote:Glad to hear internet optimization is working out for you jones. Did any of those companies recommend you also increase your presence on social media?

No, I don't think they care that much
<<

helpfulhand

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:35 am

Haha well as long as it's a relationship that you're happy with overall, it's all good.

I'm currently working for a startup called needls.com, which is a new lead generation tool that scours Twitter and Facebook to deliver real time leads to small business owners, entrepreneurs and independent professionals.

You define your list of targeted keywords (industry related) and needls finds you leads based on your specified geographic area. Here's an explainer video: http://vimeo.com/104688087

We're getting ready to launch in about 2 weeks time and right now we're focusing on building up our membership with free accounts. If you'd like to test it out just let me know or visit needls.com.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:48 am

helpfulhand wrote:Haha well as long as it's a relationship that you're happy with overall, it's all good.

I'm currently working for a startup called needls.com, which is a new lead generation tool that scours Twitter and Facebook to deliver real time leads to small business owners, entrepreneurs and independent professionals.

You define your list of targeted keywords (industry related) and needls finds you leads based on your specified geographic area. Here's an explainer video: http://vimeo.com/104688087

We're getting ready to launch in about 2 weeks time and right now we're focusing on building up our membership with free accounts. If you'd like to test it out just let me know or visit needls.com.

This is a lock forum. You have not posted anything related to locks yet. If you're here to advertise websites we're going to delete your posts and user account.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Josephus

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:33 pm

xeo wrote:
helpfulhand wrote:Haha well as long as it's a relationship that you're happy with overall, it's all good.

This is a lock forum. You have not posted anything related to locks yet. If you're here to advertise websites we're going to delete your posts and user account.

Thanks for that. I have been smelling some intellectual dishonesty and have been holding my tongue since August.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:06 pm

I betcha if your company called me I would hang up inside of 8 seconds and then put your phone # into the BS section of my phone

I talked with a guy from Yelp this morning for 20 minutes and just cause I happened to kinda take a shine to the dude. He apparently
doesn't know it yet but there is about a 0% chance that I will ever give Yelp any money. I don't like how their company operates, they
are showing 2 other locksmiths in my little town, and both of these guys lied about their addresses, as one doesn't exist and the other
address is a vet, not a locksmith. I told Yelp guy that these folks are liars #1, and cheaters (as they are trying to cheat me) #2.I tried to
explain that for the benefit of Yelp's clientele he, or someone in his office should remove these liars/scammers from the Yelp database. He says
"Yelp isn't about chasing down or removing scammers, we let the consumer decide". Well as a customer I have made my decision to never
give Yelp any of my money.
<<

jones

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Deadlock wrote:jones, you'll have to rename your business Aardvark Locks... that'll get you at the top of the list everywhere. :smile:

I've been considering "Aaargh Lock" and mebbe trading off the big key in favor of a frustrated guy tearing his hair out :hammering:

I actually knew a guy who would tear his hair out when he got really mad and it was one of the scariest things I have ever seen a sane? person do :axeem:
<<

Deadlock

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Aaargh Lock. I could see that. The advert could be like a four frame cartoon. 1. Guy walking up to front door, calm, happy, maybe he's whistling. 2. At the door, still whistling, puts hand in pocket. 3. Face drops, eyes wide, both hands in pockets, no whistling, sweat drops flying off brow. 4. Speech bubble: ''AAARGH! I've lost my keys!'' Both hands out of pockets, palms up, obviously empty, or he's tearing his hair out.

Underneath, ''Happened to you? Call Aaargh Lock on...'' etc etc.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Deadlock wrote:Aaargh Lock. I could see that. The advert could be like a four frame cartoon. 1. Guy walking up to front door, calm, happy, maybe he's whistling. 2. At the door, still whistling, puts hand in pocket. 3. Face drops, eyes wide, both hands in pockets, no whistling, sweat drops flying off brow. 4. Speech bubble: ''AAARGH! I've lost my keys!'' Both hands out of pockets, palms up, obviously empty, or he's tearing his hair out.

Underneath, ''Happened to you? Call Aaargh Lock on...'' etc etc.

I love it.

Return to Professional Locksmiths