FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Need to identify this yale key

<<

rzr800

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Need to identify this yale key

I need to find out which blank this is. It is pictured next to a weiser blank. Any help would be appreciated. And yes I do have authorization. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rzr800

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Re: Need to identify this yale key

Well I norrowed it down to 999GA and 999LA, I ordered both packs i'll let you guys know which one it turns out to be thanks for looking
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:55 pm

It looks to my eye like it may be one of two keyways, but remember I am going strictly on a picture with no scale! Looking at an ILCO catalog here is my guess. The Yale SA & LA both look possible ( the GA is close, but common as dirt and doesn't seem to be quite right to me). That being said, I have run into the SA before, but have never seen an LA. If it is really a government lock then I think the oddest is possible, but probable(?). If there is a locksmith close, stop in and see if they stock one of those. Odds are they will if it's potential business. Good luck.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

rzr800

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:45 am

Thanks for the help and the luck. Its for a military building and they been asking me to make them copies for the past 4 years lol. I kept telling them that I need authorization and then I have to order the blanks. They got all yale inside and best for the exterior. The wind caught one of they're doors and the closer was cashed and it blew out a dead latch which I had to replace the case and then they convinced me to make them copies and finally got the right guy to authorize the duplication. Well then I ran into this problem of identifying the key and its a pain in the ass. Best and Yale have so many keyways good lord, but it makes since to have a system with an odd-ball keyway, make the lockie work to find the right blank..
<<

rzr800

Post Thu May 01, 2014 4:17 pm

They turned out to be a 999GA.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 01, 2014 8:44 pm

That's hard to believe. The "GA" is the most common of the Yale sectional keyways. Oh well....I'm blaming the camera....or the lighting...or the...oh never mind! LOL
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Professional Locksmiths