FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hammer drill

<<

directentry

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

Hammer drill

So my hammer drill has packed up and am looking for a new one and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for one available over here in the UK. It's for safe work.

Ta
<<

Deadlock

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:02 am

Re: Hammer drill

Well, I'm not a locksmith, but I'd recommend Makita.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:07 am

Love my DeWalt hammer drills. They are rugged, and have seen a lot of use.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:18 am

I just got a nice Bosch for $45 after shipping. The quality is good and it's appropriately light for the kind of work I do with it. Check out slickdeals.com. You can often find good deals.
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:29 am

That's a pretty wide open request you have there. For a cordless one I use a Milwaukee 18V Lithium Ion. For corded light work, I use a Hilte. For heavy work I use either a Bosch or a big Milwaukee. I'm pretty sure all these are available over seas as well as here in the US. Mark
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Are you sure it is dead? I have a Bosch Hornet that has been rebuilt many times, much less expensive. It is now about 35 years old, they knew how to build them back then! If it is a quality drill that may be an option. My back up is a Makita, also been rebuilt a few times. Always less than 1/2 the cost of replacement.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

directentry

Post Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:49 pm

Thanks for replys guys. Sparks originally, then smell of burning, then stopped :(

Have looked at the Metabo range as they seem to be good, just need to see which one can handle safe drilling.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:03 am

directentry wrote:Thanks for replys guys. Sparks originally, then smell of burning, then stopped :(

Have looked at the Metabo range as they seem to be good, just need to see which one can handle safe drilling.

this may sound like a stupid question, but are hammer drills usually used for safe drilling?

Return to Professional Locksmiths