FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Unlicensed locksmith sting operation

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Unlicensed locksmith sting operation

http://www.katu.com/news/local/116087474.html

Oregon is so dumb sometimes, we would rather a person be on welfare than to work. I know that scammers do exist, they exist in every industry. But this is a scam by the state, just a way to gain revenue, and at the cost of the little guy. Funny thing, this local news channel is taking alot of flack for airing this story, and they should. Read the comments at the bottom of the news story and read what people had to say, I urge you guys to signup just to state your opinion.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: Unlicensed locksmith sting operation

Whoa, I had no idea that Oregon locksmiths had to be licensed now. What sort of penalties do they have for doing the work unlicensed?
Howdy!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I have no idea actually. It's not the license thing that is so hard, that is actually the easiest part. It's the CCB license part that is the most expensive and tough to get. The actually locksmith license is easy, you do that test online. The problem with the CCB testing is that it requires you to get all the insurance , requires you to take more schooling as you go in order to keep the license. It's way out of my reach, part time and all, just to expensive, unless a contractor is willing to vouch for me, I can get the locksmith license, if not, I won't keep my car tools, why keep them, no need to get in trouble ya know.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:50 am

Wow that really sucks. thank god in ireland we dont have all that crap to go through. Except in certain businesses ie. Gas installers and electricians now have to be fully qualified. Ok i beleive there should be certain guidlines or skills required to do any job. competently.

I for one do a lot of work in different trades and im self taught in a lot of them. But if i get asked to do a job and i know im capable off it then i will do it, but if i know i cant do it then i'll tell the customer i wont do it. I may lose that specific job from the customer but in being honest then the customer knows im not going to fuck things up and will call me again for other work.

I agree with most of the comments on the page too....it doesnt matter whether you have a license or not ....it doesnt stop con artists or total fools ripping people off. Im a firm beleiver in the rule ...Your only as good as your last job. I actually feel sorry for you guys in the States having all that bullshit and red tape just to work.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to Professional Locksmiths