FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locksmith question: Keycodes express?

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:35 pm

Locksmith question: Keycodes express?

I know, maybe not the right forum to ask, but any of the locksmith members on here ever use these guys? I am getting a code machine, although delayed by my finances, I should have it this month. It seems so simple compared to the competition, so I have questions, I am really dumb to all this new stuff, but I want to make money. I really need to start taking advantage of the work available by the advantage of the VIN by code stuff. Next I need to go down to another lockies town and learn some new stuff. Hopfully he will show me some stuff to ease my mind and not make it so scary, you know the programming keys and such. Seems so big a job, but a guy needs to know this stuff to make money in this business. Give me some feedback!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

eeze

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:51 am

Re: Locksmith question: Keycodes express?

ther are a lot of machines available that will give you key code from the obdii socket SBB from silca is very good and if i am noe mistaken does alot of american cars why don;t you look at these first.
<<

bouncer965

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 am

Good question kid. Ive been looking at auto keycode stuff......and aint got a bloody clue. Theres so many god damn machines out there its unreal. And the fact that they dont state which models of cars they do. Im totally flummaxed by it all. Also the transponder programmers too so would like to see some answers too or advice on machines .....especially for the european autos.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Never heard of any transponder programmers giving up key codes for cars in usa.. I know they can pull pins. I have a mvp and a t-code and neither give up lock codes. BUT this doesnt mean im right ...Key ccdes express and fastkeycodes.com are both good companies. I use fastkeycodes when i do need one or im lazy when its cold. They are fast and they take paypal.
<<

steveslock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:43 pm

http://www.hpcworld.com/km/blitz/index.html

HPC blitz is the machine I would recommend. We have its older brother and it has so much versatility without the extreme cost of cnc code cutting. Couple that with their super automotive jaw and you should be good:

http://www.hpcworld.com/kma/jaws/automo ... index.html

That machine can also let you do tibbe and tubular keys with special jaws. We use it for tibbe and it takes some practice, never used it for tubular though (have a different machine for that).

We have a mvp pro, t-code, dart, jma cloner and a bunch of other automotive transponder key equipment. Its really not that hard to learn, but the equipment is very expensive. The mvp comes with great support and the manual is pretty accurate (most of the time). Jumping into the transponder game can be costly both in your time and your wallet.

Good Luck
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Just a little at a time, I am actually thinking about getting the hpc punch machine, from Flake, comes with the hpc code software, etc. Not a bad buy, and more up my alley in terms of not needing power, more versatile. If I can get my finances straight I am only a little bit away from buying one.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

steveslock

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 am

Punch machines are great for mobile applications, but I feel that a motor driven cutter is a much better machine. Do you have a vehicle that you are operating out of when outside of a shop? Are you offering 24/7 service?

We originate our code cut keys in the shop on a non transponder key (when possible), then go out to the vehicle and see if it operates the locks. If it works then we dup it on a transponder in the field and start the programming process. If it doesn't then we saved an expensive blank and go down the other road of originating the key by decoding the locks. Having a van/vehicle with a workbench, tooling, stock and a heavy duty inverter is very useful. Not sure how far you are looking to go with this hobby, just trying to lend a helping hand.

Return to Professional Locksmiths