FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Wanting info on Mortice lock install

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Wanting info on Mortice lock install

Since I installed the new locks on the business where I work I want to install a SC1 mortice lock on the front door, I haven't messed with the commercial doors much, and not sure if I want to but it would be convenient. The door is a Kawneer, I am wondering what I need to know before ordering the lock, I suppose I need to know what cam it needs and the length, most of the ones I have looked at were Adams-Rite but haven't looked at this one yet. My boss wants me to do the change, I don't really want to, it currently is fitted with a Yale, with the Y1 keyway, I think this is a great lock but he wants it to match the other locks. Anything anybody can help me with would be appreciated.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Wanting info on Mortice lock install

Kawneer doors use Adams Rite or A/R clones. All you'll need is one or two 0ne-inch mortise cylinders, with SC1 keyway, in the finish that matches the door. Make sure they come with Adams-Rite cams, and you'll be all set.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

We got a thumbturn for the inside already, so maybe all I need to get is the one inch SC1 for the outside and maybe that will work, I was figuring on the Adams Rite, but was going to check and see tomorrow. Thanks abunch, hope I can figure it out.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

sandman

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:15 pm

whatever you do, dont unscrew the set screws all the way, you could lose them in the door,

Return to Professional Locksmiths