FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mini Speedex 9120RM key machine

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:32 pm

Mini Speedex 9120RM key machine

Well, I said I was going to get a new key machine, and I finally spent the money, it came today to my work. I spent $359, not bad for a small key machine for small time duplication. I must say I cut only one key with it so far, but this thing is made really well, it cuts a super fine key, I couldn't be happier with it. I would recommend this machine to anybody. It may be a bit underpowered for a full time lockshop but I bet it would hold up fine nonetheless. My boss said I can set it up anywhere, and cut keys anytime, I use there storefront, (hardware and lumber store) and I buy all my own blanks and keep all the money. Not a bad deal, I get all the traffic that I otherwise wouldn't get if I was totally on my own. I am stoked. Anybody have any suggestions?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Re: Mini Speedex 9120RM key machine

if you are the only one cutting keys in your town which i believe you said you are..dont be too cheap. Thats a lot of keys to cut to get your money back. Me personaly i would go $3 single $4 double sided. If they dont like it drive 40 miles to salem. I get 4/5 but im mobile. If they want cheaper spend $5 in gas and drive to walmart to save a dollar. Sounds like your happy with new toy.
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 pm

thelockoutguys wrote:if you are the only one cutting keys in your town which i believe you said you are..dont be too cheap. Thats a lot of keys to cut to get your money back. Me personaly i would go $3 single $4 double sided. If they dont like it drive 40 miles to salem. I get 4/5 but im mobile. If they want cheaper spend $5 in gas and drive to walmart to save a dollar. Sounds like your happy with new toy.

:agree: very much
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 am

thelockoutguys wrote:if you are the only one cutting keys in your town which i believe you said you are..dont be too cheap. Thats a lot of keys to cut to get your money back. Me personaly i would go $3 single $4 double sided. If they dont like it drive 40 miles to salem. I get 4/5 but im mobile. If they want cheaper spend $5 in gas and drive to walmart to save a dollar. Sounds like your happy with new toy.

Thats my exact prices! I look at it this way, I cut the keys, the Wal-Mart kid uses cassettes he has no idea what he is doing, all he knows is that he is cutting a key. I am not going to cheap out on this, I can't afford to do that!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:29 pm

I have so far cut one SC1 and a few KW1's but today I cut a WR5 and it opened the lock, but it hung a little bit in the inside so it was not a desirable key, I looked at the cuts and they seemed to be angled instead of flat in the roots of the cut. I have no idea what is up. I thought that maybe the jaws were not holding the WR5 blanks, but it seems to be holding them just fine. Anybody have any ideas? All the other keys were awesome and worked great.
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Don't know if you ever got your answer Kid, but I had a similar problem with my Flea market ILCO that cost me 75 bucks. When I cut Best F keys and I found i had to put a little piece of old credit card under the keys, kinda like a shim to keep them flat, after that worked great. Again I know this post is a couple months old and i'm sure you figurd it out, but didnt' see an answer in here.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, I finally got it figured out, I have cut so many keys now that I am on my 4th order of blanks, I lowered my price to 2.00 for the standard house and padlock keys, and so far making tons of money, and word of mouth is bringing more and more people in. This machine is great, I want to get a different cutter for it, so that I can use my depth and space keys. I am going to buy a code machine sometime in a few months, I have been getting more and more call for code cutting keys, I also been opening a few more cars since I been cutting keys, word of mouth is like a bad rumor in a small town, but in my case, it's helping me out a ton, granted I dont' make a million bucks, but I do make enough to buy more tools.

Return to Professional Locksmiths