FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Funniest day...

<<

Samurai_Pick

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Funniest day...

So I answered a knock at my door earlier today and found my landlord. She said that another tenant was having trouble with the lock (Kwikset...Hahahahaha) on the front door of her apartment... Upon inspection, I thought that I could see a bit of metal stuck behind the pins, so I took a small can of air duster to try and loosen the bit... When that didn't work, I took the lock apart and the bit fell out and I was quite suprised to see half of the tip of an L rake... I confronted the tenant with my landlord and found out that her son had ordered quite a few tools online at which point I had to "acquire" said tools...Can you say new Peterson City Lites and plug spinner?... :D

Anybody else have any fun jobs recently?
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: Funniest day...

Kid didn't deserve petersons if he managed to break one in a kwikset. That's just shameful.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:01 pm

I had a fun one yesterday, I was at work and somebody who knew I could get into most anything, called the store where I work about an old lady locked out of her house, so at lunchtime I went over there, seems no locksmiths would drive the 20 some miles to her house to let her in so I was a last resort till somebody broke down a door or window. The woman was in here 80's and was really freaked out I guess, because every door had a deadbolt a locking knob and 2 chains. The garage door is what fell down and locked her out, and it had a Corbin Russwin on it, the doors that were chained from the inside were easy Kwiksets, amazingly enough the Corbin didn't put up much of a fight, with tears in her eyes the door flew open and I went on my merry way. I love to help people, and it made me feel good to help her.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

thelockoutguys

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 pm

lokpikkid ....makes me feel good to help also but it feels even better when i cash the check! Samurai..do you work for yourself or do you work for a locksmith company ?
<<

Samurai_Pick

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 am

I am currently working for myself only because I'm moving soon and don't want to keep hopping between shops...Should be up in Roseville soon, anybody up there?...
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:I had a fun one yesterday, I was at work and somebody who knew I could get into most anything, called the store where I work about an old lady locked out of her house, so at lunchtime I went over there, seems no locksmiths would drive the 20 some miles to her house to let her in so I was a last resort till somebody broke down a door or window. The woman was in here 80's and was really freaked out I guess, because every door had a deadbolt a locking knob and 2 chains. The garage door is what fell down and locked her out, and it had a Corbin Russwin on it, the doors that were chained from the inside were easy Kwiksets, amazingly enough the Corbin didn't put up much of a fight, with tears in her eyes the door flew open and I went on my merry way. I love to help people, and it made me feel good to help her.

isnt' that just an awesome feeling?
i love it...i dont even care if i get paid in a situation like this...thanks, and the opportunity to pick a new lock is more than enough...
not to mention, word of mouth goes viral when you do these type of good deeds.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

Return to Professional Locksmiths