FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bump Halt

<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Bump Halt

While you have probably heard about the "bump proofing" claims from mfg, has anyone had any experiance with the ILCO Bump Halt kits ?

ILCO makes no claims with regard to applying the retofit to non ILCO cylinders-I guess I can't blame them for taking that position.

If for no other reason than curiousity I ordered a kit from one of the distributors. In the mean time, feel free to share any thoughts you have.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: Bump Halt

for anyone interested in seeing what he is talking about like i was here is a link. http://www.kaba-ilco.com/key_systems/pr ... aspx?id=37
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 pm

I don't have any experience using there product but I would bet that it does work, these don't seem to be as popular as they were when they first came out, the whole bumping hysteria has seemed to have been calmed down as well. As far as these working on other manufacturers products, yes they will work on locks that have the common size diameter pins, you know such as Kiwkset Schlage etc, Best and American Lock stuff they won't fit of course. They would like you to think that you have to buy there product in order for the conversions to work, but that is false.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:59 pm

My thanks to Thedonofdeath for kindly adding a link to the Bump Halt page at Kaba-ILCO.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Interesting... I think I saw something about this same technology on schlage's (or someone's) website too.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

El Abogado

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 am

loki wrote:While you have probably heard about the "bump proofing" claims from mfg, has anyone had any experiance with the ILCO Bump Halt kits ?

ILCO makes no claims with regard to applying the retofit to non ILCO cylinders-I guess I can't blame them for taking that position.

If for no other reason than curiousity I ordered a kit from one of the distributors. In the mean time, feel free to share any thoughts you have.

I offer this as an "add on" to all rekey jobs. Most people want it when it is explained to them. As for the efficacy, I can say that not only does it make it very difficult to bump, it's also very difficult to pick, as the spring that comes with the special pin is VERY stiff. When using this item, it is best to place it in one of the last two chambers to minimize wear on the pins/key. The price is minimal for the security that is achieved.

Return to Professional Locksmiths