FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kwikset Rekey

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Kwikset Rekey

I have a dumb question. On ebay you can buy lots of pre-cut keys that would be useful for rekeying locks, that way you don't have to come up with lock codes at random. My question is, how does everybody else generate random keycodes, while following M.A.C.S rules?? Is there anywhere that I can go on the net that would allow me to generate key codes?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: Kwikset Rekey

I could probably put something up on the net for you guys. I just need to know what the rules are so I can write the code. (I'm a code monkey)

Of course, if there is a pre-made solution out there that would be best.
Howdy!
<<

dgtlcrack

Familiar Face

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 am

I use precuts from my code cutter in the shop, I pre cut many sets of standard house or commercially used keys and I have them in Bins in my truck. Also any time I install a new lock and the customer wants it rekeyed to their existing keys, I throw the original keys that came with the lock into a bin for pre-cuts.
Hope that helps.

*edit*
I just noticed you wanted to know how we come up with the random generated codes... I come up with them myself while I type the code into my ITL. I know the MACS rules and the MACS rules are also programmed into the ITL, It won't let you cut a 0 beside a 9 because the machine knows it can't cut it physically. So if you randomly punch codes into the machine, it will cut any valid code for you.
*- Digital Crack -*
"You want my knowledge, my answers, well you're going to get it the way I give it to you: with a grain of salt, logic, and nearly sarcastic common sense.... unless you are willing to pay, then I'll shut the hell up and you can be the boss"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:55 pm

I don't know if I am smart enough to figure out all the variables and stuff to help make a program!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Thedonofdeath

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:58 pm

its only like 1 threw 9 right. just have someone give you random numbers and there you go lol
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm

1-7 with M.A.C.S. of 4, see you got to follow the rules or else a deep cut next to a shallow like dgtlcrack said you won't have any key to put the cut on.
<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:22 pm

You could use the Master-Keying function in Insta Code to generate some change keys, pick a few of the bittings, change the permutation, and run the program
again to generate a very different bitting (based on your inputs of depth, etc).

Then take your change key bittings and cut the keys. I think you can even save the generated bittings on computer so you can look them up and thus limit any
repeat bittings.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Exactly right, I played with that too, it will work and I believe it won't let you generate a bad key.

Return to Professional Locksmiths