Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: Opinions Needed Please

Jimmy-slim-smith wrote:I would do it diffrently as well, I would learn auto, Reason being is ther is so much to learn, a ton, auto is my personal weakest point, I can do about everything but.....i am no pro, I hate pulling door pannels or ignitions, and lots of auto locks are difficult to learn with out a teacher,, you can alway figure out res. and comm, do one you done them all,,,,but auto,,,thats a real skill to learn,, I know locksmiths that dont do auto at all!...

I know a lot of locksmiths who don't do auto work. Then I also know one who does exclusively auto work and makes in excess of $250K per year working out of his mobile van. He works for an auto auction and makes between 10-20 original keys per day for cars without keys. This guy is so good he can whip out a key (both mechanical and with transponder) in just a few minutes. Determinators and the T-Code make him a lot of money.

My biggest money maker is auto work and I don't have a lot of experience, but I have self studied and have the basic cloning and T-Code type tools to make it easy.