FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locksmith?

<<

Zlimbes

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:54 am

Locksmith?

I have a problem, unless I locate the key I had on me this weekend. I have an old safe/gun cabinet and the company is no longer around. Tread corporation out of Roanoke Va. I think they sold the gun safe portion of their business.
Anyways, Im locked out and need in. ValuLok safe with a single standard looking key medeco 72s stamped on face of the lock. I have called 2 locksmiths in Charleston. One said they cant do it and the other said they werent sure.... if it comes down to it I can get in the safe but would rather not destroy it. Thanks in advance.
<<

SafecrackinSammmy

Post Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:33 pm

Re: Locksmith?

If you bought the safe new there would have been a metal tag on the key ring with a code number. Thats the code information to make more keys.

If you dont have that, any competent locksmith should be able to drill open the lock just make sure to mention it is a Medeco. The lock is not really able to be picked for the average person/locksmith. I think Ultimate Security Devices in NJ sells replacement locks/plugs for those. Treadlock has been out of business for years.

Return to Professional Locksmiths