FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Resource - Tech Manuals

<<

ghost_os

Familiar Face

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:49 pm

Resource - Tech Manuals

Just found this - Very nice collection of tech manuals for the working locksmith. Has some nice key and pin specification documents for Kwikset, Schlage, Sargent, Yale (these include the width of the key blank blade for those of us who need it - for some reason this frequently seems to be missing from code information, we get only the #0 cut - if that - and a #0 cut is NOT the same as a virgin blank! Happily we have key micrometers for this... right?? Or a code card machine, but still... I'm a firm believer in micrometers). Installation guides & templates, lots of good stuff.

https://www.lsamichigan.org/tech_manuals.html
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Re: Resource - Tech Manuals

also check out www.lockreference.com - my buddy Tyler is building a tremendous site!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

ghost_os

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 pm

jeffmoss26 wrote:also check out http://www.lockreference.com - my buddy Tyler is building a tremendous site!

Very nice, I'll be keeping an eye on it. I enjoyed his article on not "ignoring the bible" - he's right, it's ignored far too often. We've probably all re-keyed a home, and had a very confused owner when we asked them if they knew their home was master keyed.
<<

madsamurai

Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:48 am

jeffmoss26 wrote:also check out http://www.lockreference.com - my buddy Tyler is building a tremendous site!

Wow, he's putting together a pretty amazing resource, and all very clean and detailed. Very nice!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:00 am

Didn't he also start a forum recently ?
I can't find it anymore.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:01 pm

he did start a forum but took it offline after a few months. Hope he brings it back in some form.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife

Return to Professional Locksmiths