FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

TPP progression query

<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:43 am

TPP progression query

So I am attempting to get my head around TPP progression and parity rules etc, and I really thought I had it down, yet the winds of fate blew my way to have in effect gifted me with the cylinders for a master key system that is now being replaced by an audit trail capable system upgrade, which has left me an extremely happy man, but also an extremely frustrated man too lol.

I have had repeated offers of a cheat sheet KBA of the system itself, I am determined however to get that only to confirm my results and not just to swerve the fact that clearly I am in need of more tutoring and revision on the topic.

My confusion and frustration worryingly starts at the very beginning of the decoding process - I would have expected to see a TWO-STEP progression pattern with the Assa cylinders that have been used for the system, and yet, in a 3:3 key split, the second (progressed) chambers seem to have both odd and even number sequences in the same chambers which I am thinking would mean that it HAS to be a single step progression...

I am going to put the cylinder cut codes that I have for one particular keyway profile below - I would really appreciate if anyone is able to get head or tails from them to point me in the right direction even....

Keyblank AS-TL

CUT CODES;

Any input at this point would be very much appreciated please know that guys...
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:30 am

Re: TPP progression query

An Assa Twin 6000 service manual i recently downloaded from another forum shows that there are #1 master disk at least for this system.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Can you decode a few of the cylinders? Start to sort out which pins are the master pins and which are the change key pins. It will help to fill in the KBA and then be able to determine the master key bitting. The ASSA pinning kit I use has #1 master pins.
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:47 am

jharveee wrote:Can you decode a few of the cylinders? Start to sort out which pins are the master pins and which are the change key pins. It will help to fill in the KBA and then be able to determine the master key bitting. The ASSA pinning kit I use has #1 master pins.

**prime example of a wild, indigenous, native Ignorance Maximus in the mating season, isn't this a TREAT,ladies and gentlemen**

I am having trouble disassembling the Scandinavian oval cylinder non destructively, I'll be honest...
crossing paths with people who have spent all day panicking and FRANTIC, desperately trying to recall the combination of a key operated lock
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:54 am

https://youtu.be/kI3XxLcaiFs
Could get expensive.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:35 pm

jharveee wrote:https://youtu.be/kI3XxLcaiFs
Could get expensive.

You don't need the 30 key blanks like he says. In this case (6 pins) that would even be 60.
You need as many blanks as there are pins.
You start with the bitting that you know , and leave 1 cut to the minimum depth , try it in the lock and then cut it deeper. You try every depth in every postion , with the other positions the same as the known bitting. The cylinder will turn if the depth matches either the master or change key depth.

If you have more than 1 cylinder , you just need to repeat the process for the other cylinder.
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Here's a ASSA Pin Calculator chart I made long time ago.

Hopefully it'll help.

I've made ASSA and ASSA IC masterkeying programs.

I think I made one for the ASSA Twin 6000 but can't find it. I read it was obsolete though.

I got the formulas thru Reed Security magazine from when I went to school.

CLH!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:10 am

Chief, could it be that the master pins in the first column is off by 1?
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:45 am

Werewolf, could you please send me a link to download the pinning information on the ASSA Twin 6000.

I'll try to figure it out.

If you have more than one cylinders it should be easy to figure it out I would think.

But not everyone follows the rules when it comes to master keying.

Some people will just throw in extra master pins to throw people off or just because let's say they don't have a 4 MP so they put in two number 2 MPs instead.

But since its ASSA I know their number 1 is a deep cut and their number 9 is a shallow cut.

It's always good to have a chart from their pin kits handy if you have a pin kit of theirs, and its also good if you have a micrometer to measure their pin sizes to determine their pin sizes.

Did you understand my explanation in my PM, just wondering if I did a good job in my explanation.

If you can give me what's inside the cylinder as in the BP, MP, TP, I might be able to figure it out

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

castle 2

Familiar Face

Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 pm

chieflittlehorse wrote:Werewolf, could you please send me a link to download the pinning information on the ASSA Twin 6000.

I'll try to figure it out.

If you have more than one cylinders it should be easy to figure it out I would think.

But not everyone follows the rules when it comes to master keying.

Some people will just throw in extra master pins to throw people off or just because let's say they don't have a 4 MP so they put in two number 2 MPs instead.

But since its ASSA I know their number 1 is a deep cut and their number 9 is a shallow cut.

It's always good to have a chart from their pin kits handy if you have a pin kit of theirs, and its also good if you have a micrometer to measure their pin sizes to determine their pin sizes.

Did you understand my explanation in my PM, just wondering if I did a good job in my explanation.

If you can give me what's inside the cylinder as in the BP, MP, TP, I might be able to figure it out

CLH!

would a list of all of the cylinder codes as stamped help dyou think?
<<

Visitor

Post Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 am

Never assume the monkey that put the system together knew what they were doing.

Return to Professional Locksmiths