FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gerda Tytan ZX a Complete Guide & Tools used

<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Gerda Tytan ZX a Complete Guide & Tools used

so there is a new decode tool on the bulgarian market - for the secure lock ... seen the vid

visual decode looks possible via a tube entered into key way - then slowly pulled out down the stack

scope the pins - pins guide below 4 different key pins thought I would post up just in case it disappears ..

Edit : not possible as pins have been changed - upgraded & differ on locks - no silver or white pin Found

NEW TOOL USED : Picked open and not decoded

photos to come
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Re: Gerda tytan - Decode via pins

Made another guide - shows barrel and cuts on key
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Very nice, Ringo. Appreciate the insight on this lock. Have seen one key in the wild (on a customer's key ring), but never a lock. Want to get one of the locks added to my collection someday.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Really needed to get to grips with this lock its been on my mind for a while Gw - congrats on going green elsewhere

I do check in from time to time ... you will not get treated any different lol

all the best to yours

ringo
<<

greengrowlocks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:50 pm

Thanks for posting, just ordered one these locks after reading.

GGL
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:48 pm

greengrowlocks wrote:Thanks for posting, just ordered one these locks after reading.

GGL

Just ordered mine and asked for some pics will post up ... key heads are different must be earlier as there now plastic

also got the most important bit 5.5 camera well it is xmas ... keep me going will make a new tool for this lock over this time 1,300 euros a bit costly sure we can make a good tool for this also today ordered the 5.5mm scope looks fun .... eyes are not that good these days... keep you posted

photos to come
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 pm

There is a new tool coming out for Gerda soon, in the UK. Pretty sure it doesn't use an optical decode method though, it exploits a different pin-based vulnerability in the lock.

Did anyone see the mad picks for these? With arms that went through a hollow tube (not the visual decoding tube above but similar). Not sure if they were any good or not though.
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 am

Think it was all delayed in UK due to the guy being very ill and in hospital - UAP commissioned Tool or so they made it

seem the other tool in vids was sold by the german company for awhile then discontinued - out of stock very strange indeed

It was over engineered - respect to the designer/creator :razz: simple tools are the best HP - Being saying it for years
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am

Very interesting Ringo, thanks for sharing. This post reminded me a similar key made in Italy https://www.blockshaft.it/chiaveblockshaft/

Cheers :)
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:44 am

Congrats ! on going green also femurat ... will not be treated any different lol

key preparation - Depths of cut & how to are all going to be key points ... Valid to working locksmiths
vid shows in your link several keys being milled at once, The gerda as central rod ... meaning less depths of cut possible
the lock - blockshaft will have more possible cut depths as it looks to have no central rod ... but 1st time seeing this
Hmm very deceptive at first sight ... a hole in the back of the cylinder on the block shaft near actuator - Carn,t Be lol
which leads on to WHY put a rod in a lock in the first place a good way to stop drilling & if its not present the rear - back of lock is vulnerable to attack .. and picking ...getting to those pins & the mechanism required to open -

Thanks

ringo
Last edited by 10ringo10 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 am

I don't expect different treatment, since I don't treat you differently lol

I've examined just a handful of keys and looks like the blockshaft has 4 possible depths too. The pins are all steel so this technique doesn't work with it.

Cheers :)
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

Cool .. can you confirm if no central rod in lock housing on the block shaft ! drill protection
imagine having a lock named block shaft ... with no drill protection & hole to boot that would be funny as hell :smile:
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 am

There is no central rod. The key is not hollow. But drilling the inside of the keyway won't make you open the lock...
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 am

femurat wrote:There is no central rod. The key is not hollow. But drilling the inside of the keyway won't make you open the lock...
The gerda would be - but again destructive and off topic ... will have to see one gutted Italian lock
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:33 am

Yes Ringo, you know the one! UAP are close to releasing it soon I think. It decodes the lock via the pins too but I don't want to go into much detail because it is not my tool and it is not released yet.

Losing Chris Belcher is such a big loss, he has inspired me so much during my career. I remember when I first got into toolmaking, I was trying to make a tubular pick but the tines were too weak and bendy. He told me I needed high carbon spring steel flat wire; something I did not even know existed at the time :-) After that he helped me out with a few other bits and pieces - stuff that would have been so very basic for him and yet he still went out of his way to give me advice. He saved me a lot of time and effort. RIP Chris.

I find it a bit insulting/un-classy that UAP have used his passing in order to push tools sales and 'CB catalogues' though. But that is UAP for you I guess...
Next

Return to Professional Locksmiths