FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Calvin locksmith books and Mobile Business

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:45 pm

Calvin locksmith books and Mobile Business

I first want to say the "Calvin's Locksmith Bundle", available thru Amazon is one of the best purchases I've made. This bundle of 7 small locksmith books cut to the chase. If your a beginner and want to get into commercial locksmithing, buy his books.

Another great book I recently bought from Amazon is "Illustrated Guide to Door Hardware: Design, Specification, Selection", great information if you do Commercial/Industrial locksmithing.

So now here is my question:

Let's say you guys figure out a great spot to park your van and cut keys for like half a day. Do you guys just go out and do it or do you have to pay someone to do business where your at. I'm thinking of parking by an Office Depot parking lot, pay for my time there, and just cut keys to make a few extra dollars.

CLH!

PS: Here's what I did today. My boss had bought a lot of Schlage Classroom function D-Lever locks, he then bought 10 KEY-CAM ASSEMBLY parts for a STOREROOM lock. I then took out all the CLASSROOM KEY-CAM ASSEMBLY parts and replaced it with what we ordered. It worked perfect.

As an intermediate locksmith I had trouble with this lock as the handle would sag. But later learned that when I brought the Castle Nut out more so that the lever could catch the SPRING CAGE, everything worked out fine.

Over and out!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:36 am

Re: Calvin locksmith books and Mobile Business

Did you buy actual paper books? All I can find is the Kindle version
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Calvin locksmith books and Mobile Business

I believe the Calvin books are all Kindle.

The second is either way I believe.

But you can download Calibre portable, download Kindle for PC, then open the book with Calibre, then convert the kindle book to EPUB, and lastly, convert the EPUB to a MS Word doc or PDF file.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!

Return to Professional Locksmiths