FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Key cutting: mortice blanks

<<

Poolsharks1

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:45 am

Key cutting: mortice blanks

Hi everyone, looking for a little advice. Currently i provide a key cutting service from my van. I only stock the key blanks for the locks i supply and fit as i do not want to carry hundreds of different blanks which i will probably never use.

The problem is i now have a contract with a big letting agent who now and again ask me to come and cut keys for them at the office. As for cylinders, i usually get away with using my universal 5 and 6 pin blanks, however i only stock union mortice blanks (locks i supply and fit). My question is, is there a few universal mortice blanks on the market which will cover the majority of mortice locks? Or will i have to bite the bullet and buy in all the popular mortices blanks?

Thanks

Danny
<<

just1pick+open

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 am

Re: Key cutting: mortice blanks

I know there is universal (composite) cylinders that can use multiple blanks, but not the way your looking for. :mrgreen:
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

oldlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:08 am

I would get one of the selection boards from SKS or HD etc. That will give you a good cross section of blanks and you can restock what you need.
Bramah Australasia
http://www.bramah.com.au

The above link has been approved by the site admin.
<<

Poolsharks1

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:39 pm

I was speaking to my local lock supplier today (keyprint edinburgh) ended up getting union blanks (fits all union), era fortress blanks, chubb and legge. He recommended keeping a few universal blanks for each gauge from 5 to 7. And only use these when one of the above blanks do not fit

Return to Professional Locksmiths