FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Which Ruko keyway is this?

<<

jasminelognnes

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Which Ruko keyway is this?

Dear all =)

My neighbour have a Assa Ruko 4-5 without key that he is going to put on ebay, but I am temped to buy it, before he does so.

Below is a picture of the key way.

Can anyone tell me, if I start picking and bumping now, if I will get it open in my life time? =)

And if it can be bumped, what is the key way called?

Hugs,
Jasmine =)
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Which Ruko keyway is this?

Well, I can tell you what it's not.

It's not a D12 or 1200 series, which look like This
It's not a Garant Plus, which looks like This
I don't think it's a Flexcore, which looks like This, although there are other images for "Ruko Flexcore" on Google Images which look more similar.

Given that it's a 4-5, I *hope* it's something secure, otherwise they wasted a perfectly good lock body! That said, it may well just be a standard 5 or 6 pin - but then, it doesn't look much like that keyway either tbh.

Hell, it might not even *be* a Ruko cylinder tbh. Sorry I can't help more - those are the only Ruko integrated cylinders I'm aware of.
<<

jasminelognnes

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:21 am

Thank you so much for looking into this! =)

Ok, after reading your post, I am almost temped to buy it now, in the hopes that it is a cheap core =) Is it possible to rule out that the core have side pins?
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:10 am

No problem :) I'm really just drawing on what I know from the Rukos that I have so be warned that this is all amateur opinions.

It definitely doesn't have side pins on the right hand side (cos of that warding). It's tough to say about the other side with only one photo buy given the quite simplistic style of keyway warding, I'm guessing that it doesn't have side pins.

That said, someone put this in a Ruko, so whether or not it's actually a Ruko core it's guaranteed to be packed with security pins, possible Ruko's weird barrel spool thingies. I wish I could say more, but I can't find this particular warding anywhere in Ruko photos or on anything that I own - I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 am

That looks like a standard keyway. Silca key blank RU14 will probably fit.

But you may want to look at BosnialBill's video on Ruko locks
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

jasminelognnes

Familiar Face

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:31 am

That does indeed look a lot like the correct key. If I buy such is it likely I can bump it?

The Ruko 600 that Bill shows also looks a lot like that key way at https://youtu.be/8_rvEg3snSs?t=9m32s

Is Silka 14 still the best bet?

<<

Squelchtone

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:27 pm

can you post a photo of your neighbour's entire lock, not just a dark cell phone photo of the bottom? You do know that just buying a key doesn't make it bump key, you have to modify the key into a bump key that has the correct cuts.

Squelchtone
<<

jasminelognnes

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:33 am

Hmm. Ok. Making a bump key is going to be expensive it looks like. I will need a file for at least $20, several blank keys, as I know I won't get it right the first time, and each of them is $5, and the lock is $60, which I already think is over priced for a lock without keys.

I'll see if I can borrow it again for some more pictures, so you can see what you can expect =)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:09 pm

jasminelognnes wrote:... and the lock is $60...

Holy cow, he's trying to charge you $60 for a lock without keys? I don't care how fancy it is, unless its some kind of super-rare antique, that's way more than I'd be willing to spend. I don't know, maybe it would be worth it to some people. Different strokes for different folks.
<<

jasminelognnes

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:19 pm

It is easy to buy from new, but then it costs $190 and if I buy it from him I also save the shipping. But I would have to spend time on getting it open and what looks like quite an investment on key blanks and a file.

What would a fair price be?

Return to Professional Locksmiths