FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Programming Alarmlock with Laptop

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 am

Programming Alarmlock with Laptop

Ok, so my boss wants me to program 10 key-fobs into a DK3000 & PDL3500 Alarm Lock.

These locks already have an unknown number of key-fobs working with the lock.

So we installed the Windows DL program from Alarm Lock and the SQL Database files required into a laptop.

We also have the necessary equipment such as the Card Enroller and a Data Transfer Module with all the necessary wiring connections.

But I've never done this type of work before. What I do know is that the DL program can download into the program the existing key-fobs and show an audit-trail of whats been going on.

So I believe this will be my first step - to download an audit trail and all existing key-fob information, but haven't done this yet as I am only reading up on this information so far.

I've watched some training videos on how the program works but what they lack is showing the actual use of programming a key-fob into an existing system or how to download the existing system information.

The tech-support called me up today but I was off duty already and said I will call him back on Monday.

If anyone can refer me to a Youtube video or pdf file, or to just simplify the process for me, I would appreciate it.

Tech guy said it was easy but in the field things are not always a piece-of-cake as I have learned.

CLH!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Re: Programming Alarmlock with Laptop

On this job the 1st thing I did was to Google and search for the user manuals with queries such as, "PDK3000 programming manual filetype:pdf" or "PDK3000 instructions filetype:pdf". Try interchanging the word 'manual' or 'instruction' for different results.

You can do the same for the PDL3500, but the download filename is like PDL3X00. Practice with different combinations of words for different results. Don't give up!

Okay, so I finally figured out how to program model numbers PDK3000 (a keypad) and PDL3500 (mortise lock), both are able to use proximity cards NAP 36-bit (and a lot more).

These locks also had key-fobs programmed into them already and the Master Code had already been changed from it's default code. So what we found out thru a friend of ours who programmed it earlier was that the Master Code was a four-digit number, the year of his birthday.

So here's what I did according to the PDK-3000 User Manual.

Press MASTER CODE, press then hold down the "A" button to get into programming mode.

Then Press "A - 2 - A", pick a user number like twelve, so press "1 - 2", then "*", place key fob in front of reader, "A" to exit program mode. Then I held any key for 3 seconds, another way to exit programming mode.

Test your key fob out and it should work.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Re: Programming Alarmlock with Laptop

nice, thanks for the info. I have only worked on the Alarmlock DL2700's which you program from the keypad. (which sucks when you have to replace a lock and need to input in 30+ access codes )
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.

Return to Professional Locksmiths