FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Abus Padlock

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat May 23, 2015 2:07 am

Abus Padlock

So an account had brought me an Abus padlock with no key that needed to be master keyed to the MK and another key.

These types of jobs I tell them to leave their name and number and I will call them when it's ready.

I tried to bump it for awhile, then pick it, then bump again. Then I tried impressioning. No luck!

A female customer then came in and needed another American 700 padlock rekeyed to her key.

After taking care of her I went back to the lock but no luck.

My coworker came back from a job with a Schlage Primus RC cylinder.

He then tried to help me by picking but no luck. But he did make the key for it.

His method was to read the first the pins by look and color of the pins (as pin kits have certain colors to them).

So he used the punch machine on the first three cuts.

The fourth cut he cut the key by depth according to the pin color and them used the impression method. Since it left a mark on that cut and let us say it was green colored. He would then look for the next higher pin size that was green and then cut it from there.

Now that he had the first four cuts, the fifth cut was easy for him.

Note: He did ask me if it was 5 or 6 pin but I told him I don't know as they brought it to me so it could be either. He used the pick to lift up the pins and count them and they fell down when pulling the pick out of the cylinder.

CLH.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Deadlock

Post Sat May 23, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Abus Padlock

Clever stuff.

Was this an original Abus or had it been rekeyed?
<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Re: Abus Padlock

It was an original Abus padlock that had been rekeyed by us as this company is one of our accounts.

I still have the key my coworker made but didn't see what the bittings were. I just rekeyed it to the two keys the customer wanted.
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!

Return to Professional Locksmiths