FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

2 Questions

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:15 pm

2 Questions

* Question 1 *

Has anyone here successfully pinned up a Corbin Russwin IC cylinder where the control chambers are in the middle four chambers. Chambers 2, 3, 4, and 5.

I've made an excel program to help me with this but I may have misunderstood the rules as it hasn't been too successful.

* Question 2 *

Does anyone here know how I can make my Excel Masterkeying programs into a regular working program which you can install, rather than using excel. I would like to create my own masterkeying program and sell it for a profit.

I've seen the masterkeying programs on the market and am very dissatisfied with them. They make it sound so simple to use, yet they are not.

-CLH
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:03 am

Re: 2 Questions

Chief, I am pretty sure you will need to have a programmer do the work unless you know computer coding or you can use app coding and make it a mobile app. Unless there are programs that help you make programs but I have been out of that game for some time.
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: 2 Questions

#1 -- Can't help you. CR makes me break out in hives...

#2 -- I don't think it would be worth your time. You would be selling to a niche market that is already overly saturated with MK software options: HPC, Framon, RabbitSoft, LockSoft, DLACo, Phil Domenici just off the top of my head. There is no reason you can't make a nice program for yourself, though. I have written a few programs for my shop use because of dissatisfaction with commercial alternatives. If you already have the Excel sheets worked out, then it wouldn't be that far of a stretch to Visual Basic. Visual Studio Express is a free download and you can compile your projects into standalone .exe's. Ton's of books, videos, tutorials, sample code, what have you.
However, if you are comfortable with programming and/or want a bit more out of it then look at Qt Creator. It's another WYSIWYG powered by C++/Python, but gives you the option of cross-platform deployment. Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and maybe even iOS (still need a crApple developer's license I believe). I am slowly rewriting one of my earlier heavily-coded MS Access databases in Python and toying with the idea of an Android partner app.

HTH aside from being a bubble-burster :(

Return to Professional Locksmiths