FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Any tips on picking BEST to control?

<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:24 am

Any tips on picking BEST to control?

I can only pick my BEST to operating and not control. How would someone get it picked to control?
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:31 am

Re: Any tips on picking BEST to control?

keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Well, I have picked a few to Control, and it isn't always easy, or on purpose. I have a tension wrench that when used on some of the BEST keyways, it binds the control sleeve and makes it easier to pick to control. In a situation where you need the core removed but cannot pick to control, you can drill a small hole in the face of the lock and put pressure on the conrtrol sleeve and pick it out.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Here is a rather good example, please take note though that your hole should not be this big, it is not necessary, I wallered this one out, but if you make a small hole and do manage to get the core out, you can take a small diameter brazing rod and swedge it into the hole and gently sand the top smooth and it will hide your hole. just make sure that the end of the rod doesn't interfere with the core once it is reinserted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Velvokay wrote:I can only pick my BEST to operating and not control. How would someone get it picked to control?

Try setting each pin to 1 "click". Then try finding the pinstacks that give multiple clicks (master pins) and try going 2 clicks on each stack. Play around with the master pin setting and you'll probably find it...although I have a BEST core here that I can't get control on for the life of me after doing it completely randomly. The trick is finding the right combination of clicks on each pinstack till you hit the control line... I know that BEST cores have certain pinstacks that control the control lug... I don't know off the top of my head which they are... I think they're the back 4.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:18 pm

i have one that i can only pick to the control line and its really getting on my nerves
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:46 pm

geardog32 wrote:i have one that i can only pick to the control line and its really getting on my nerves

I've found that the binding order is nonlinear in BEST cores
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Xrax

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:27 pm

working the control line and finding the binding is the key, easier said than done tho... :idea:
"Schlösser und Schlüssel sind nicht für ehrlich Fingern gemacht." - "Locks and keys are not made for honest fingers." -German proverb
http://www.youtube.com/930dave
<<

Velvokay

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Here is a rather good example, please take note though that your hole should not be this big, it is not necessary, I wallered this one out, but if you make a small hole and do manage to get the core out, you can take a small diameter brazing rod and swedge it into the hole and gently sand the top smooth and it will hide your hole. just make sure that the end of the rod doesn't interfere with the core once it is reinserted.

The core is in a mortise housing but the same principle should apply. Thanks :smile:
Foot on the pedal - never ever false metal
Engine running hotter than a boiling kettle
The Beastie boys

Return to BEST