FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picking a bilock

<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: Picking a bilock

This right here is why I like this forum. Thanks guys for the replys!
I have that article by lockpickingforensics but it didnt give much info for picking.

That little piece in the center is made out of brass?? I was thinking it was stainless! Looks like making a custom tension is the consensus. Ill start with that.
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:Image
Note that it is not an HPC pick, I placed an HPC handle onto that pick.

That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

aeporia

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Korver15 wrote:That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?

There’s a link to the older thread on the previous page which, iirc, notes that this tensioner design avoids touching the inner parts of the center nub, instead displacing force on either side of the center nub, or I think that’s the intention at least.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Korver15 wrote:That is a very interesting design for a tension tool Is there a reason you didnt go with the normal L?
I think an F shape would work ok. I turned another tool I didn't use into that, and it was already roughly that shape.
<<

Mschf

Post Mon May 09, 2016 10:53 am

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum (have been on the other for a number of years) and have had a lot of fun learning to pick these. How did you go with the bilock.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 pm

BiLock is an entirely different animal than a V7. The V7s are downright easy compared to the BiLock.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Mschf

Post Fri May 13, 2016 5:46 am

I've not had the chance to pick a Lockwood v7. Even though I live in Australia I've never seen one either. If anyone has one they'd like to sell I'd definitely be interested.

I have 2 bilocks, both are the quick change style cylinders.
Previous

Return to Bi-Lock