FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Replacement cylinders for S&G 833C?

<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 am

Replacement cylinders for S&G 833C?

Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase replacement cylinders for the S&G 833C? I don't care about the keyway or if I have to pay list price, just looking for two new cylinders. I can't seem to find any info on the S&G website/catalog or in Medeco's catalog. I have the NSN, but as a civilian, that doesn't do me any good.

Thanks!

-Brian
<<

james504

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 am

Re: Replacement cylinders for S&G 833C?

i seen some on ebay not to long ago 1 had all 3 keys you should try ebay first before anything...
http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJames504
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:54 am

I've been looking although these will go into locks that will used so I'm not sure an eBay special is the way to go.

-Brian
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 am

spandexwarrior wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase replacement cylinders for the S&G 833C? I don't care about the keyway or if I have to pay list price, just looking for two new cylinders. I can't seem to find any info on the S&G website/catalog or in Medeco's catalog. I have the NSN, but as a civilian, that doesn't do me any good.

Thanks!

-Brian

It might be possible, I'll see what I can find out for you.
<<

steveslock

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 am

do you have a picture (rear of cylinder) and some measurements?
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 am

I don't have a pic of the tailpiece and can't seem to find one online. I can grab a cylinder when I get home and take some pics and measurements. I assume something could be modified to fit, but I want the original Medeco since it'll have the key set and the teflon coating which you couldn't get otherwise.

I did try a couple of Medeco service centers and they said they can't order it (but they can for the 826/831). For reference, the part number is 51W050526R1. R1 is the DoD Contractor keyway, but I don't care what I end up with.

Anyway, here are a couple pics that show the cylinder:

http://nynex.s5.com/cgi-bin/i/TOOOL-US-Boston/locks/SargentGreenleaf/833c/833-cylinder-squelchtone.jpg
http://nynex.s5.com/cgi-bin/i/TOOOL-US-Boston/locks/SargentGreenleaf/833c/833-internals.jpg

-Brian
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 am

spandexwarrior, are you sqelchtone?
<<

james504

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 pm

spandexwarrior wrote:I've been looking although these will go into locks that will used so I'm not sure an eBay special is the way to go.

-Brian

i dont know what you mean by "EBAY special" but the ones i seen were actual cores for S&G padlocks i dont exactly know what more you would want i wasnt implying putting in anything else but what is suposed to be in it like i said before i see them on ebay all the time 1 core, 2 operating keys, and a square bow control key ......ebay special or not its the real deal ....but i was just trying to help...
-James :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MsJames504
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:04 pm

mister sour wrote:spandexwarrior, are you sqelchtone?

No sir, but I wish I had his lock collection. :)

-Brian
<<

spandexwarrior

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:10 pm

james504 wrote:
spandexwarrior wrote:I've been looking although these will go into locks that will used so I'm not sure an eBay special is the way to go.

-Brian

i dont know what you mean by "EBAY special" but the ones i seen were actual cores for S&G padlocks i dont exactly know what more you would want i wasnt implying putting in anything else but what is suposed to be in it like i said before i see them on ebay all the time 1 core, 2 operating keys, and a square bow control key ......ebay special or not its the real deal ....but i was just trying to help...
-James :mrgreen:

I just mean that eBay is great for locks that are going to picked or that will go into a collection, but for locks that would be used to secure something of value in a true high security application, I wouldn't trust anything where I didn't know the source and the history. I've purchased locks from eBay that have been missing pins, sidebars, etc. so you would have to check everything out before using it. Additionally, someone else who you may not know has access to the key codes along with the address that you ship the locks to - fine for some things, not for others.

-Brian
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello,

I was looking around for 831b info and I came across this site. Medeco 51T0100 6 Pin Sargent & Greenleaf 826 A & 831 B High Security Padlock Cylinder.

I do not know of the stores reputation, but it is worth a shot for a brand new cylinder. Unfortunately it is a civilian core, not the military version.

Good luck.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:35 pm

the 831/826 cylinder has a different end size and shape than the 833, it will not work.

Riyame wrote:Hello,

I was looking around for 831b info and I came across this site. Medeco 51T0100 6 Pin Sargent & Greenleaf 826 A & 831 B High Security Padlock Cylinder.

I do not know of the stores reputation, but it is worth a shot for a brand new cylinder. Unfortunately it is a civilian core, not the military version.

Good luck.

edit: also it seems that these places seem to never have them in stock and for some reason can never reply to emails about these sorts of items ....
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:21 am

macgng wrote:the 831/826 cylinder has a different end size and shape than the 833, it will not work.

Riyame wrote:Hello,

Good luck.

edit: also it seems that these places seem to never have them in stock and for some reason can never reply to emails about these sorts of items ....

Opps, I seem to have had 831 on my brain for some reason. Sorry about that. Good to know about the never in stock though.
<<

macgng

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm

yep all the places that say they have em either dont have them in stock or they just dont reply to emails... great customer service!
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

Squelchtone

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:14 pm

Just to update the thread, and its funny to see a link to my server here..=) The commercial 833 cylinder is Medeco part number 51W0502-TF-S1 and costs $95.00 and includes 2 user keys and 1 control key. Depending on the locksmith you call, they'll either get it for you, or they'll tell you their Medeco rep said it's restricted and not sold to civilians and blah blah, dont know what they're talking about. Anyone can buy the 833 from S&G or resellers and anyone can buy the S1 keyway 833 cylinder. The TF in the part number is for the Teflon coating finish. The W is for Biaxial, which may no longer be available and may be replaced with a T which stands for M3.

Hope this helps,
Squelchtone
Next

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf