FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

S&G Environmental railroad lock

<<

Rifled

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:44 pm

S&G Environmental railroad lock

I just picked this up on ebay with no key. I got it picked, and got a prototype key made last night. This is the first disc detainer type lock I've ever picked. It makes it kind of easy seeing as how it's only 3 discs, and there's only 3 angles, and there's so much info available online! Having said that, It did take me a while to figure it out. Turns out I was setting the discs backwards (104 key, so 90/0/90, I was doing the opposite) But once I realized the mistake, it got it open pretty quickly. I made a brass key that actually works, it's a little rough but I'll make a few more that are more refined. I really like this huge hunk of lock, I wish I had a use for it... I'll probably just make a few keys and resell and try to make a few bucks on the project!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Re: S&G Environmental railroad lock

Remember working out my first S&G Environmental. Glad you got it!

My favorite Enviro is one that Anarchy_Won made into a cutaway for me. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Rifled

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 pm

Re: S&G Environmental railroad lock

It's a beast of a lock, and makes for a neat project for a beginner like me!

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf