FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Finally got my hands on a S&G Environmental

<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: Finally got my hands on a S&G Environmental

twenglish 1 wrote:Just curious, how did you remove the roll pin from yours? And mine also appears to have the chrome peeling off the shackle, body is in excellent shape, first thing I noticed when I got it was the disks appeared very scratched up, probably from previous picking attempts

The first one I was drilling the pin, and it started to spin, so I was able to pull it out. The second one, I wanted to see if I could drill through the cap, and it was possible with little effort, I could then push the pin out. I did ruin the cap though, so that's disappointing. I think your needle file method would work with most of these locks.

Here's where to drill, if you're so inclined:
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:33 pm

I have used 1/16" drill bits to extract tiny roll pins from locks before. They also make some pretty small extractors for tiny screws.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

tpark

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:49 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:I have used 1/16" drill bits to extract tiny roll pins from locks before. They also make some pretty small extractors for tiny screws.

Gordon

The screw extractors are a good idea, I would have used one of those if I had had a small enough one to thread into the center of the roll pin.
Previous

Return to Sargent & Greenleaf