FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Mul-T-Lock MT5 Pin specs

<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:42 pm

Mul-T-Lock MT5 Pin specs

Anyone able help me with an up-to-date service manual or other document that has the pin specifications for the MT5?

Specifically need to know what the overall lengths are and the height of the larger shoulders on the Key pins.

thanks

<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:36 am

Re: Mul-T-Lock MT5 Pin specs

Best I can find is this , page 28 to 38.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Thanks Werewolf, i read Datagrams paper yesterday, a lot of good info in there.... just at the end, it was the one piece of info he hadn't updated. Someone from another forum helped out and ill post it here for anyone else.

<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:43 am

I'm wondering why they still have only 4 pin sizes? I can decode the PIP bitting in seconds by eye and once I have that, a key can be duplicated. Yes it still wont open the lock but if I cut the key w. a hack saw or dremel straight down from bow to tip going around the alpha spring as close as possible, this made key will now satisfy the PIP and Alpha spring security of the lock leaving only the sliders which I believe are only 4 right? Just an idea that jumped to mind so feel free to correct me please!
<<

l0ckcr4ck3r

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:03 pm

You may well be correct on the sliders. Non Masterkeyed sliders have 1 true gate and 5 false gates.
If the gate on the far left was used as the true gate, the slider would move too far right and jam up on the core housing.
The Gate on the far right will never align correctly before the slider bottoms out... so yeah i make it only 4 positions as well.

Return to Mul-T-Lok