FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

MTL Key Machine

<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:44 pm

MTL Key Machine

I got my hands on a full size MTL key machine.
It is the manual type but works good.

Also have pin kits and key blanks.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: MTL Key Machine

Sweet! Now I'm jealous. Congrats. :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Random

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:28 pm

good score! lets see pics
<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Will post pics once it arrives. still in transit.

I have the following genuine MTL blanks.
006C 066C ( 264S 264B interactive not plus) a few 206S

*Pic from the seller*
<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: MTL blanks

Some of my blanks and one of my pin kits.

20160113_110014_s.jpg

264B
20160113_110348_s.jpg

066C
20160113_110051_s.jpg

Pin Kit
20160113_110327_s.jpg

Other Parts
20160113_110207_s.jpg

New 100 packs of pins
key_blanks.jpg

All my blanks so far :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

adi_picker

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Oh god thats beautiful vorfeed! Im a bit of a collector of key machines, I would like to say the strange and unusual, but more truthfully just any I can get my hands on! I tried very recently to bring a genuine Lockwood V7 code machine into my stable, but I couldn't get the seller to come down to a reasonable price, and without a good supply of blanks, I really could not justify it :/ There's a first time for everything I guess. Its always nice to see some rarer machines bought to be used, they are pretty hard to come by where Im located in Western Aus, not many restricted or exotic dealers about, so no excess machines to go to craigslist. Shipping from the other side of Australia, if they come up is also prohibitively expensive!

Can you explain the operation of your machine to me? Looks like you have one cutter per side, Im assuming for the inner and outer pins. What are the codebars that stick out of the top for? How do you mill the key, does it just swing up on a 90deg to the cutter? Can we get some more pictures?

adi_picker
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:37 pm

drooool
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Powerhorse

Post Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:31 pm

adi_picker wrote:Oh god thats beautiful vorfeed! Im a bit of a collector of key machines, I would like to say the strange and unusual, but more truthfully just any I can get my hands on! I tried very recently to bring a genuine Lockwood V7 code machine into my stable, but I couldn't get the seller to come down to a reasonable price, and without a good supply of blanks, I really could not justify it :/ There's a first time for everything I guess. Its always nice to see some rarer machines bought to be used, they are pretty hard to come by where Im located in Western Aus, not many restricted or exotic dealers about, so no excess machines to go to craigslist. Shipping from the other side of Australia, if they come up is also prohibitively expensive!

Can you explain the operation of your machine to me? Looks like you have one cutter per side, Im assuming for the inner and outer pins. What are the codebars that stick out of the top for? How do you mill the key, does it just swing up on a 90deg to the cutter? Can we get some more pictures?

adi_picker

The W on the left side is the outer pin cut and the V is the inner. The letter or numbers indicate the depth of the cut on each slide. The key is basically pushed straight into the cutter by lifting up on the handle on the front carrier assembly. The lower knob moves the carrier side to side while the knob above the handle is the vise for the blank. The pin at the top of the carrier drops between the bars of the depth slides to gauge the correct depth to be cut. There are 2 pins on the top of the machine that pull out each side to release the depth slides so they can be moved and set in sequence as you adjust the slide and push the pin in. That machine does not trace a key like a standard key machine however it does have feelers on the top towards the back that will automatically set the slides by placing a cut key on the 5 pin points and pressing down on the handle to lift the slides. You have to do this for both the outer and inner sides seperately. The keys hanging out the side of the machine will lockout the slides and prevent you from using the machine. Once Vorfeed posts a few more pics this will be easier to understand.
<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:52 am

I will take more pics soon, also of all my MTL parts and blanks as well.
<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:01 pm

I am in the process of setting up my new work space, will have pics when I am finished.
<<

vorfeed

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 13, 2017 6:39 pm

More MTL Pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to Mul-T-Lok