FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Old Medeco Pick

<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed May 15, 2013 8:08 am

Old Medeco Pick

I found this on another lockpicking group but nobody seemed to no anything about it, i was wondering if you educated guys know anything more about this,,

It seems to be a medico pick of some kind around 10 years ago with a patent on it,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed May 15, 2013 8:14 am

Re: Old Medeco Pick

That is interesting. Looks like some kind of attempt to make a rotation-rake for rotating the pins into place?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Wed May 15, 2013 8:19 am

viewtopic.php?p=70363#p70363

Reminded me something, in fact it's one of the patent drawings linked at the top of the page.

Cheers :)
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 15, 2013 8:23 am

It looks like the manual version of the electric Medeco pick. Probably only intended to be used in setting rotation, leaving normal picking to be done. I can't see this being overly effective as an L rake.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

escher7

Post Wed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

It looks to be fairly ingenious. As I see it, two side-by-side blades work to rotate the pins. A better plan might be to have it designed low like the Tobias code setting keys so you don't disturb the pins on withdrawal. And to have only the end set up to rotate the pins one at a time so you can feel each pin set the sidebar. With the wide keyways on biaxial and M3 it should work pretty well.
<<

escher7

Post Wed May 15, 2013 1:01 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:It looks like the manual version of the electric Medeco pick. Probably only intended to be used in setting rotation, leaving normal picking to be done. I can't see this being overly effective as an L rake.

Gordon

GW - I haven't seen the medeco electric pick. Have you got a link?
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Saw it mentioned with a picture here at KP.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

uklockpicker

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks Guys thought i had seen it before but couldnt work it out , thanks for the heads up on a former post :hbg:
<<

escher7

Post Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

GWiens2001 wrote:Saw it mentioned with a picture here at KP.

Gordon

If you look at the patent for the electric pick (link on the page you referenced) you will see that the above drawing is part of that pick, not a manual pick. If you look right to the end of the patent sketches you will see he suggests other attachments including brushes. There is even a picture of a key with brushes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed May 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Ahh, thank you, escher7. I had not looked through the patent drawings on that other page. As they say, "You live, you learn."

It does look to be a practical manual code setting tool, though with the little time I have been able to devote to Medeco lately, I have been practicing the 'Xeo Method' (all rights reserved, yadda yadda yadda).

While my Medecoder works, I want to improve my skills with a hook. Then it won't matter if the pins are not broached. That said, making and playing with the Medecoder has helped my understanding of how little movement is needed to rotate the pins. As Xeo says, just bump it a little.

Gordon

Return to Medeco