FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco Biaxial and Medeco Cam lock?

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 am

Medeco Biaxial and Medeco Cam lock?

I have never had a Medeco lock and I don't know much about them but I am looking into buying one even though the prices are pretty high and I am still trying to find a job, well actually not so much a job but an apprenticeship and hopefully after a bit of that I start getting a bit of money coming in (should have one soon). So getting to the real point I wanted to know what the difference between the Biaxial and the Cam lock is? The reason I want to know is I have always been one to skip to the hardest out of the two things whatever they are in front of me because I love a challenge even if it takes me a while and I would like to know which one is more difficult out of the two if one is?
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:12 am

Re: Medeco Biaxial and Medeco Cam lock?

I have both for sale. The cam locks are by far harder. You have to rotate and lift at the same time while with a regular medeco u can lift then rotate. Send me a pm with how much you want to spend and we can work something out. Range is $15 - $25 + shipping if anyone else is interested.
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

fogcreature

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

the biaxial mortise cylinders have a groove in the keypins and angled cuts requiring rotation to release the sidebar, along with mushroom and barrell security drivers for the sheer line. the main difference in the cam locks is that most of them are driverless, no sheer line. the keypins still require rotating though, but instead of having a groove they have holes cut into the side for the sidebar fingers to slide into. the cam keypins must be rotated and lifted at the same time to release the sidebar, which is all that locks the small cam locks. hope this helps man.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:27 pm

This is an older thread & I know Mathias (NNFAK) has no problems killin' Medecos nowadays. lol

But just in case anyone's interested in seein' the driverless cam locks like Kenny's describing...

viewtopic.php?p=47009#p47009

Dunno about anyone else... but for me, they prove to be a very difficult pick.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I enjoy picking my camlock. It only has 4 pins in it though so that obviously makes for an easier pick. It sounds incredibly difficult to raise and rotate the pins at the same time but I find them easier than the other Medeco's. Remember, they don't rotate much and it's really obvious when you feel one of the sidebar legs go into one of the holes. If you don't feel it then you know you gotta drop it and try again. Quite fun actually.

I'm pretty sure my Medeco camlock came off a telephone too.
<<

fogcreature

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:32 pm

thats my main problem, feedback. i dont have a key for it either and im afraid to take off the brass plate on top of the cylinder to see where the real gates are. ill get it picked at some point im sure its just a world of difference
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

the middle of the sidebar cannot drop in until one end or the other has begun to drop in
work the deepest three pins first
or the front three pins, then the three at the the other end,
first concentrate on one end then the middle and other end,

this is just obvious from the possibilites of the sidebar, they always start to drop at the ends,
depending on whether it has a wide keyway as some do or a narrow restrictivly warded one, it is possible to simply rake one of these into submission. especially the wider keyway variant.
<<

fogcreature

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:59 pm

after really giving it my all today on this lock, if i set the back 2 pins (reverse picking) i get a slight counter rotation. when i get to the middle pin its locked down. the first pin remains completely springy unless i set the back three. when those pins are completely solid and extended all the way down is that an indication of a false gate? i know it would be on a mortise cylinder, i think
<<

fogcreature

Familiar Face

Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 pm

rai wrote:the middle of the sidebar cannot drop in until one end or the other has begun to drop in
work the deepest three pins first
or the front three pins, then the three at the the other end,
first concentrate on one end then the middle and other end,

this is just obvious from the possibilites of the sidebar, they always start to drop at the ends,
depending on whether it has a wide keyway as some do or a narrow restrictivly warded one, it is possible to simply rake one of these into submission. especially the wider keyway variant.

will do rai, thanks for the advice. the extreme difficulty of picking these makes me wonder why they didnt use this pin design in their larger locks, or maybe i just havent gotten the hang of them. thanks again

Return to Medeco