FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco Pin Rotation

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Medeco Pin Rotation

I can't seem to find information on this so I'll post here.

The way I pick my Medeco Classic is with CCW tension, pick to shearline, and then rotate. The way I know the shearline is picked is because the plug becomes springy, it will let me release more tension than if it was not set. You can feel the sidebar springiness. The way I am detecting which pins need to be rotated is the standard method. If a pin has free vertical movement then it is rotated correctly. I determine the binding order of axial rotation by the vertical AND axial resistance when under hard tension. Pins that are almost impossible to move are 1st in the rotation order.. and I work backwards and boom the lock opens.

My question is... if you were to set the sidebar FIRST, I can't seem to decode the feedback the lock is giving me. Without any pins set, applying CCW, how do you know which pins need to be rotated? Some feel stiffer than others. The ones that are stiff are being bit into by the sidebar in a false groove however I'm having trouble detecting false groove vs. true groove. Since the pin is not set to shearline, that free vertical movement indicating a correct true groove setting is not there.Any tips are appreciated.
Last edited by xeo on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:13 pm

Re: Medeco Pin Rotation

Also to note I am not using a groovegrabber or any medecoder tool. Just a short hook.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image

Return to Medeco