FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco m3 "Bumping"

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:51 am

Medeco m3 "Bumping"

There is a lot of interesting shenannigans going on in this video. This is touted as "bumping" however it is all 100% straight SPP. One thing you'll notice is Tobias is inserting a flattened key with hi/lo bitting into the keyway prior to picking. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. It seems like this could be a quick way for them to rotate all the pins to one side axially. Any other comments on what they're doing in here are appreciated.

The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Medeco m3 "Bumping"

It is a code setting key which is double cut, one angel for the fore and one for the aft cut at 10 degree angles instead of the 20 degree that Medeco is cut at. There is a set of 16 code setting keys for m3 and only 4 for the biaxial. If you are into Medeco you really need to get a copy of "Open in Thirty Seconds".
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Another cool vid I found

The Last HOPE: Undoing Complexity: From Paper Clips to Ball Point Pens (part 1 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWd7LDFASBY
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Like kokomo said, they never claimed to be bumping them... he's using code setting keys to set the rotation of the pins. There are 4 keys; he tries one then attempts to set the slider to determine the state of the sidebar - if the slider clicks into place it means the sidebar is correctly set and from there it's just a basic pin tumbler lock. If it isn't set, he tries the next code setting key.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:29 pm

there are 16 keys
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

barbarian

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:22 pm

The M3 and the bi-axials are bumpable and pickable. The use of the correct code setting keys makes it so easy that I think anyone could do it with a bit of practice.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=2249

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:04 am

Those code setting keys are simultaneously cool and lame imo.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:05 am

Explain "lame".
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:16 am

magician59 wrote:Explain "lame".

I consider it "cheating" and/or less skillful. I'd rather develop a skill of picking with nothing but a pick and wrench. This seems more like a bypass method to me of bypassing the sidebar.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:32 am

well its not a bypass (a bypass woule open it without rotating it, or to bypass the sidebar it would open it without allowing the sidebar to depress) but it is less skillful... also much faster... raking is less skillful but faster...

its like an autodialer for a safe... cheating only because you ddnt do it, the key (or autodialer) rotated everything correctly.
for a picking challange no i wouldnt use them, for work... they are great
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah.. I'm just a strict masochist picker who only uses a short hook.. I don't even consider a lock picked by me personally unless I've only SPP'ed it using a pick and wrench. Maybe I'm just a psycho :twisted:

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

escher7

Post Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm

xeo wrote:Yeah.. I'm just a strict masochist picker who only uses a short hook.. I don't even consider a lock picked by me personally unless I've only SPP'ed it using a pick and wrench. Maybe I'm just a psycho :twisted:

How many Medecos have you successfully picked and which ones? (And yes I know I am responding to a three year old post.)
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Fri May 10, 2013 7:37 pm

escher7 wrote:
xeo wrote:Yeah.. I'm just a strict masochist picker who only uses a short hook.. I don't even consider a lock picked by me personally unless I've only SPP'ed it using a pick and wrench. Maybe I'm just a psycho :twisted:

How many Medecos have you successfully picked and which ones? (And yes I know I am responding to a three year old post.)
I'm not sure if you realized this when you posted. But you just asked one of the (currently) most talented medeco pickers how many he's picked. I'm sure he lost count a long time ago..
<<

mrbinky

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:47 pm

I didn't think a medeco m3 could be bumped. I know the video isn't really him bumping the lock, even if it was I still wouldn't believe it.
we are anonymous
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat May 11, 2013 9:40 am

mrbinky wrote:I didn't think a medeco m3 could be bumped. I know the video isn't really him bumping the lock, even if it was I still wouldn't believe it.

It can be bumped. Not as easily as a regular lock since you have to have some knowledge of the cut angles for that particular lock, but it is possible to bump them.
Next

Return to Medeco