FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Is it supposed to be this easy to pick a Medeco Original?

<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Is it supposed to be this easy to pick a Medeco Original?

So, I received my first Medeco classic/original/whatever cylinder today. After taking it apart, everything seemed normal. I found it very interesting to compare it to my Biaxial locks (the key cuts, especially). One thing that concerns me, however, is that I can pretty much pick it like a normal cylinder and the sidebar doesn't really come in to play. This doesn't seem normal. Does anybody have any suggestions on this? :?
Howdy!
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:19 pm

Re: Is it supposed to be this easy to pick a Medeco Original

I would take a guess that all or most of the pins are the same angle. And that angle is likely to be the center one because the original center pins didn't have a false gate.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:20 pm

is the sidebar installed? I also think I read somewhere that the sidebar can be installed upside down and won't be effective, but I don't know if this is true or not.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:24 pm

Farmerfreak wrote:I would take a guess that all or most of the pins are the same angle. And that angle is likely to be the center one because the original center pins didn't have a false gate.
I think you're correct. I just looked at it again and found it to be: center, center, center, center, left. Darn, that really sucks.

the lockpickkid wrote:is the sidebar installed? I also think I read somewhere that the sidebar can be installed upside down and won't be effective, but I don't know if this is true or not.
:lol: Oh yes I made sure to keep it in.
Howdy!
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 pm

ChemicalRobot wrote:
Farmerfreak wrote:I would take a guess that all or most of the pins are the same angle. And that angle is likely to be the center one because the original center pins didn't have a false gate.
I think you're correct. I just looked at it again and found it to be: center, center, center, center, left. Darn, that really sucks.

the lockpickkid wrote:is the sidebar installed? I also think I read somewhere that the sidebar can be installed upside down and won't be effective, but I don't know if this is true or not.
:lol: Oh yes I made sure to keep it in.

Yeah, but you might want to check and see if it's upside down like Kid mentioned too, just in case.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 pm

That is just something I have heard, I don't know for sure, I don't know alot about Medeco, I have one, but I still can't pick it!!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:33 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:the sidebar can be installed upside down and won't be effective, but I don't know if this is true or not.
I didn't think about that earlier. But yes that should make it easy to pick. Since the sidebar would be collapsed and thus obsolete. ...Unless you picked the lock and turned it just enough to line up the sidebar with the V notch in the housing, then rotated the pins. :shock:
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:04 pm

Just checked the sidebar and it was in properly. I'm pretty sure it's what you said FarmerFreak. It's a shame really, I was hoping for a more exciting sidebar experience since I'm so new to pin rotation.
Howdy!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:11 pm

ChemicalRobot, if ya get tired of it, I want it!! I will trade locks or whatever, I will even drive to you!!!
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:16 am

Your just trying to wind me up aint ya!!!!!!!! Be damned if i can get this classic opened with 5 pins in. :D
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to Medeco