FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Medeco m3 Gutted

<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:37 pm

Medeco m3 Gutted

This section has nothing for Medeco's so I decided to gut one of my Medeco m3 Padlocks so people can take a look inside & see how this thing is made. If nothing it's a good visual aid... :mrgreen:

Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: Medeco m3 Gutted

do the pins in the m3 need to be rotated
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:54 pm

Not in that one. No slider, no chisel pins, must be a bilevel cylinder. I hadn't seen the guts of one yet, thanks taurus!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:52 pm

No chisel pins or sidebar?? I haven't seen one of these, are they hard to pick?
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks for that post Taurus. Good job.
<<

barbarian

Post Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Medeco Bi-level. Not to be confused with the Bi-axial. The Bi-axial lock has the rotating pins and the fore-aft spacing.

They actually call this the M3 bilevel on their site. It was made to take the same keyway as the M3 for key control, but that's about all the security you get. There is no sidebar and the pins don't need to rotate, so I bet it would be easy to pick. It's designed to be used on low security doors within a higher security area. The M3 keyway was supposedly introduced to extend the patent protection and prevent "no name" key blanks being produced.

http://www.medeco.com/products/products ... ry_ID=268&
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:40 am

barbarian wrote:Medeco Bi-level. Not to be confused with the Bi-axial. The Bi-axial lock has the rotating pins and the fore-aft spacing.

They actually call this the M3 bilevel on their site. It was made to take the same keyway as the M3 for key control, but that's about all the security you get. There is no sidebar and the pins don't need to rotate, so I bet it would be easy to pick. It's designed to be used on low security doors within a higher security area. The M3 keyway was supposedly introduced to extend the patent protection and prevent "no name" key blanks being produced.

http://www.medeco.com/products/products ... ry_ID=268&

And all these years, I thought the word was, "Bi-sexual"!
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

taurus420

Familiar Face

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:45 am

I also have a Biaxial padlock at home I plan to gut and photograph for this section once I get back home from this trip... I'm sending one of them to .45 since he asked me nicely. I hope he will make a video when he gets it and posts it also in this section once he gets it picked...

The m3 is still tricky to pick it has 3 pins, the driver pin, a small middle pin in between the driver and key pins. Makes it a challenging pick, but nothing a skilled picker can't handle :mrgreen:

The Padlock to the far right is the m3 I gutted the rest are Biaxial's
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:13 pm

I noticed the images had gone from this medeco section, here is one to keep the pictures going plus an excellent blog/web site,

http://mitchcapper.com/gallery/folder/F ... %20BiLevel
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:20 pm

whatsthe fuction of the small silver coloured thing above each spring.....is this to do with setting the sidebar?????? Also whats the half moon type metl for? Excuse my technical terminology :)
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:59 pm

bouncer965 wrote:whatsthe fuction of the small silver coloured thing above each spring.....is this to do with setting the sidebar?????? Also whats the half moon type metl for? Excuse my technical terminology :)

The grub screws that hold in each individual pinstack, and half moon stainless anti-drill inserts.

Return to Medeco