FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Question on picking Medeco classic

<<

twenglish 1

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Question on picking Medeco classic

So far of the 7 Medeco locks i have i have only been able to pick one of them(Medeco Classic), i pick CCW and set the sidebar first or so i think i have the sidebar set, but i cannot seem to get them picked, i can hear the sidebar clicking when pulsing CCW tension and all pins are springy except one however when go though and lift the binding pins to shear the and all are set it does not open, am i being misled and 1 or 2 rotations are incorrect? is it possible for the shearline to bind if sidebar pins are incorrect? i should also add i can feel and hear the pins click into place when lifted to the shearline, i was always led to believe that the shearline wont bind until the sidebar is correctly set when picking CCW, anybody have any idea what i might be doing wrong?
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: Question on picking Medeco classic

I would guess that one or more pins is binding on the sidebar. The pins do have false gates for the sidebar.

Is the pin springy? AKA not binding.
If yes, move on to the next pin.
If not,
Is the key pin wiggling freely underneath the driver pin? If so, the driver pin is binding.
If the key pin completely stuck in place. It's most likely because the sidebar is digging into the side of it.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Re: Question on picking Medeco classic

Yeah I kinda figured the sidebar isn't set right, I'm having a hard time getting the feel for if the pin wiggles or not the false gates are definetly my problem too it seems like the shearline will bind even if I got a pin in a false gate cause I often feel all the pins set to the shearline without an opening, guess I just gotta keep practicing

Return to Medeco