FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Picked my first Medeco!!!

<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Picked my first Medeco!!!

Finally the day has come, i picked my first Medeco!!! (classic) and i must say, what a feeling!!! Unfortunately the picture doesn't do justice, i just didnt record it cause i didnt expect to actually get it picked! I'm leaving this one picked open for a while, it needs to know it has been defeated! haha

I used CCW tension, pulsing the tension i was able to set the sidebar, as i rotated pins while pulsing tension i looked for extra slop in the plug and a couple times i was able to hear the faint click as the gate snapped into the side bar, then it took some fairly high tension to set the pins to the shearline, i cant believe i finally did it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

macgng

Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...
Contributor / I Fought Tooth and Nail to Acquire BO...

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: Picked my first Medeco!!!

Congrats man! welcome to the club.

NOW DO IT AGAIN :D
Nibbler: The poop-eradication is but one aspect of your importance.
<<

ith

Familiar Face

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Very nice work! I have a few Medecos that I have not been able to pick. They are in a box for now until I can work on stepping up my game.

"I'm leaving this one picked open for a while, it needs to know it has been defeated!" I couldn't agree more. Haha!
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Sweet work mate. The feeling of picking a medeco is something far beyond any other lock (not including the high sec stuff like Assa etc). I was super happy for days after I picked mine.

I can understand you want to leave this lock picked but I wouldnt, simply because the technique is fresh in your head. Let it sit for a week or two and it will feel like day one again. Since you now understand what your feeling inside this lock, keep practicing. Plus look at it this way, when you will be able to open this quickly you can then make a video and get it picked on video which you can watch over and over again. This will last much longer :)
<<

HT4

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Congrats! That's damned fine work.
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:12 pm

:spinning: Woot, woot!! :spinning:
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

twenglish 1

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:20 pm

I hate that feeling when you might only have one or two pins out of rotation and try to set the shearline and then you get that false set where it hangs up on the side bar!! Then gotta start all over and try adjusting, seems to me that when rotation is set correctly the pins are springy, this only helps to a certain point because with my lock at least one pin will bind the shearline before the sidebar is completely set

Edit: just picked it again!
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Congrats! That must feel awesome. You have inspired me, I am going to pull the Medeco to the front row and start trying to pick it again.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:20 am

twenglish 1 wrote:I hate that feeling when you might only have one or two pins out of rotation and try to set the shearline and then you get that false set where it hangs up on the side bar!! Then gotta start all over

You do not have to start all over. Please read my article: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4077
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

twenglish 1

Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

I am picking ccw i didn't reading anything about being able to adjust rotation after setting a couple pins to shear without dropping them, that's what I meant by having to start over

Return to Medeco