FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Help with Squire sal/40

<<

scudo

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 am

Help with Squire sal/40

I have not yet been able to pick this padlock, mainly my lack of experience and the fact it has a couple of security pins. I thought I was making some progress when the barrel turned about 10% Aha I thought thats the security pin but to no avail I still could not pop it. OK i`ll start again, I took out the tensioner and the barrel remained in place until I reinserted the tensioner and turned the barrel back manually. Could it be that the barrel/pins are sticking? and this is what is giving me some difficulty with this lock.

Video clip below starts with the barrel turned approx 10% and you will see I have to manually turn back, when I do this (poor quality video) you can hear the pins click and reset. The padlock is new and it works ok with the key.

http://youtu.be/IwKayrKktxw
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 am

Re: Help with Squire sal/40

That appears to be a false set which means there are spool pins. Get to that again but this time dont turn the plug back. Stick your pick in and try to set the pins and feel for any of them turning the plug back them selves. If so then yes you have spools in there. Love spools
<<

scudo

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am

Yes it is spools (I believe 2 are spools) thats the reason I bought this padlock, to move up from just normal pins. Should the barrel rotate back though when I remove the tensioner rather than remaining in position and me having to physically turn it back.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Could be that is was picked but needed a bit more strength to turn the plug to open position. :shock:
<<

scudo

Post Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:39 pm

Yipeeeee! I done it, after having this padlock for 9 months I have eventually picked it. Dont ask as I am not quite sure how I managed it. Now to manage a second attempt...phew I think I will save that for tomorrow...Who is a happy chappy then :razz:

Return to Lock Picking