FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Keyway fear--pictures are a must!

<<

sbear2000

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:07 am

Re: Keyway fear--pictures are a must!

Master 19
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Looks like a Ruko. Someone send a lock with this keyway to Xeo to pick! (Then have him send it to me to keep. :twisted: )

Keyway Fear.png

Gordon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Keymark! You've seen this before but the important difference is that the lock is now in my hands. :hbg: Not so much a keyway as the resulting crack from severe metal fatigue.
2014-10-08 15.03.00.jpg

More keyway fear. The brass plug is slightly less than 3/8". So far it has spit out every tensioner I have. Should be easy to open...once a tensioner is filed down. I have lost some 0.015" picks to keyways this small.
2014-10-08 15.02.14.jpg

Thanks to manskirtbrew for the locks.
<<

manskirtbrew

Familiar Face

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:44 pm

That little Wolfdog was a surprising challenge! It was the second lock I ever picked. Have fun with them :)
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:49 am

Nice locks. Here's some of mine that would definitely drive me mad if I looked at them too long.

A French 6 pin Metalux K6:

A Gege AP3000. The keyway contains a cog wheel that turns in the millings in the key as its inserted:

A Gege pExtra (shoot me now):

Evva GPI:

LOB Tantal (possibly the same as the Granit 2 Gordon shows, but it's recessed behind a drill plate):

And finally .... for now .... not a real crazy keyway, but a demonstration of a buddy's sadistic tendencies in repinning. A 6 pin Yale 870 with a very unfunny bitting:

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:58 am

Dang! Did Selim pin/cut that Yale? And that Gege pExtra keyway - sweet. But that Metalux takes the prize. It would take some time to open that baby. :D Thanks for sharing, MrA.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

flywheel

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm on the lookout for an EVVA but I guess I better add Gege and Metalux to the list. :drool:
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:46 am

GWiens2001 wrote:Dang! Did Selim pin/cut that Yale? And that Gege pExtra keyway - sweet. But that Metalux takes the prize. It would take some time to open that baby. :D Thanks for sharing, MrA.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. Nope, not selim pinning sauce in this one :D

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking