FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Redemption Pass Along

<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Redemption Pass Along

So awhile ago, I was part of a pass along. It was one I collaborated with other members in, one of many as a matter of fact. My life got shitty real quick and as Elbow stated once, I had no more time for the fun stuff, because the crap was overwhelming.... he said something to the affect atleast. Anywho. When shit got bad, I had the box. I forgot about the box and undug it from my lock room. Yes. Room of locks and tools that became a cluster fuck mess. I abandoned my hobby for a bit and piled random odds and ins and eventually that room became a monster that startled me everytime I was forced to go searching for something in it. I have finally organized the room and have a few piles of other peoples stuff. Time to fix my mistakes. This box has been long abandoned by everyone who had a part in it. Its been over a year since I last heard about it. So this is box means little to me. This box is full of random locks. There are Master, Yale, American, Medeco, Schlage, Ignition, Generic, etc. Locks in a box.

Here are the rules:
First reputable, non expert to lay claim to this, gets it first.
Next person in line, lays claim next.
If you wish to opt in or out, say so.
I pay the shipping to the first person. They pay shipping to the next, and so on.
Use tape to secure the box so that it reaches the next picker.
Supply tracking every time. I lost some neat shit once. I still miss my Gold Door padlock.
You should post updates when you get it and brag about your accomplishments. Its a pass along, so have fun.
These arent mine. So, if you want a lock, replace it with another. No obvious trading up. That means no trading crappy keyless junk for the nicest lock.
2 weeks should be plenty long to have the box. When you get it contact the next person on the list for their address.
Again, enjoy this. This was put together by a few and some of them are no longer visitors here.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: Redemption Pass Along

As for taping up a box, you should use a good quality packing tape at least. No scotch tape allowed! There was a pass along that spilled its guts in a sorting center because somebody thought a small piece of scotch tape on each flap of a heavy medium flat rate would be enough.

I would go with 3 rows of tape each way and one around the middle of the sides of the box just to be safe.

Also, insuring it would be a good idea in case it does get lost.

I think
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 pm

At the end of this pass along, I would like to see it sold on KP to KP members with all contributions going to KP. It seems only fair. Lets put a year time limit on this pass along. Feel free to add to it.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:19 pm

I would be interested in this pass along if there is enough interest to send it to the great white north I don't want someone to send it to me from US, just to send it back to the US (and kill everyone on postage in the process)
even if it does not make it to Canada you will be sure my name will be in on the auction war that will follow at the end of the year :mrgreen:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Anarchy_won wrote:I would be interested in this pass along if there is enough interest to send it to the great white north I don't want someone to send it to me from US, just to send it back to the US (and kill everyone on postage in the process)
even if it does not make it to Canada you will be sure my name will be in on the auction war that will follow at the end of the year :mrgreen:

And so it shall be. I will pay for it to get to you. You will pay for it to return to the US or to another Canadian. I dont want this crossing any oceans. The UK has kept a padlock of mine in customs for a month now. Bloody bastards. Give me a few to get it to ya.
<<

flywheel

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Sign me up please
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed May 28, 2014 8:55 pm

NICE :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Wed May 28, 2014 11:43 pm

mister sour wrote:
Anarchy_won wrote:I would be interested in this pass along if there is enough interest to send it to the great white north I don't want someone to send it to me from US, just to send it back to the US (and kill everyone on postage in the process)

And so it shall be. I will pay for it to get to you. You will pay for it to return to the US or to another Canadian. I dont want this crossing any oceans. The UK has kept a padlock of mine in customs for a month now. Bloody bastards. Give me a few to get it to ya.

No rush :D looking forward to getting it :hbg:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

jimylongs

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 29, 2014 10:30 am

I would absolutely love to be on the list. Sign me up too!
<<

shadowlock

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 am

I'd love a shot at those locks too. Put me on the list as well please!!!
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu May 29, 2014 12:05 pm

count me in
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Thu May 29, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm in!
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

flywheel

Post Thu May 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Should put up a photo of the box's contents so we can all :drool:
<<

Jowens90

Familiar Face

Post Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

I would like to be placed on the list please.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri May 30, 2014 3:10 pm

I'd like to join in.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
Next

Return to Lock Picking