FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

So yeah, first time w/ spools...

<<

scudo

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Re: So yeah, first time w/ spools...

Will you stop being so damn successful because I wont send you my spool pin lock to you, as I am more likely to get you sent over here to show me how to pick the damn thing. :smile:

Good progress.
<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Thu May 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Honestly, it was most likely dumb luck when it came to me re-pinning the thing in the first place. Plus, I've only been able to get it picked the one time. I think it's time for a break, now. Gonna relax and pet my kitten.
<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Wed May 07, 2014 2:16 am

Update:

So when I'm not snagging springs (it's happening WAY too often), I'm popping this thing left and right, now. I just now set it up with a high-low combo with all but one driver being a spool. Funny thing is, I'm not sensing ANY counter-rotation on the spools when I set them. Doesn't mean it's not happening; I'm just not feeling it. This thing also came with some master wafers, but I've only ever heard that they make picking even easier, so I'm not even bothering with 'em. Once this high-low combo gets old, I'll take the core out and see if maybe it's a defect that is causing my springs to snag.

Aside from Titaliums, what are some other locks that I should look into from Amazon (it's gotta be Amazon, as I only use my Bing giftards to buy my stuff)? They have Morris padlocks for decent prices; has anyone here ever played with them at all?

Update 2:

The high-low combo w/ 5 spools is now no longer a challenge. Haven't taken the core to see what the condition is yet, though.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking