FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

American Lock, unknown model, can't be gutted?

<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:41 pm

Re: American Lock, unknown model, can't be gutted?

:spinning: I can SOOOO relate to your excitement. I remember gutting my first American lock...
I felt the same way! And, that's probably about the time my love for gut-shots began :soldier:

Nice job. Oh, and I agree... the bitting is likely to blame for how easy it popped.
The height of the first 3 pins don't allow the serrated drivers to be utilized nearly at all..
If you're up for it, start mixing up the drivers and/or keypins for a new challenge :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:16 pm

That thought never occured to me, thank you! But I think I'll wait until I get some tweezers (and a proper plug follower, for that matter) before I start messing around with pins that small again. In the meantiime, though, I AM currently awaiting my challenge lock kit from learnlockicking, so that should keep me busy for awhile.
<<

MrPharmer2012

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 pm

mdc5150 wrote:I love the use of the pill container for the pins. Welcome to kp, good work.

That's my favorite way to store pins etc if you look at some of my videos. Great job I love americans.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:41 am

HE IS ALIVE!!! ^^
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:59 am

hellslave wrote:That thought never occured to me, thank you! But I think I'll wait until I get some tweezers (and a proper plug follower, for that matter) before I start messing around with pins that small again. In the meantiime, though, I AM currently awaiting my challenge lock kit from learnlockicking, so that should keep me busy for awhile.

Sockets work really well for plug followers, that's what I started out using. You can use regular tweezers too if you want, you can get some long tweezers for cheap at hardware stores. If you want one, I've got an extra security nut and screw I'll send you (it's from a master lock, but I think it will work).
<<

hellslave

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:54 pm

Wow! Thank you so much! I would really appreciate that! I'll PM my info...

I knew about using sockets, and that's what I initially looked for. Couldn't find one small enough, so I went with an extender adapter instead.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking