FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locks picked in the wild

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am

Locks picked in the wild

As we all know picking a lock while sitting down in private is a completely different thing than picking in the wild. Some of us on here do get the opportunity to pick in the wild either for customers or friends or in the line of duty. I was thinking it would be cool to have a place to put your wild picking for something more difficult than Schlage or Kwikset.

Yesterday I had a customer who lost the key to their Master 6271. It has an American 6 pin cylinder with spools and serrated keypins.

Master 6271.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Re: Locks picked in the wild

mdc5150 wrote:....It has an American 6 pin cylinder with spools and serrated keypins....

Trying to pick that with all that's surrounding it does not look like a cake-walk, lol. Nice pickin' Matt!

And cool idea for a thread! Although I mostly likely won't be adding much, lol..... I look forward to seen' more.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

GringoLocksmith

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Cool idea. How long did that one take you?
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 pm

It took me about 5 minutes. I actually had the luxury of pulling the stool out of my van and sitting down. I almost didn't believe it was picked at first I thought maybe I had it in a really deep false set.
<<

Joe Momma

Familiar Face

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:17 am

mdc5150 wrote:It took me about 5 minutes.

Did the customer ask about more secure locks after you killed it in 5 minutes?
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:27 am

I had to pick a commando padlock last night at work. It was on a locker (that had the keys inside) one of my people was in a rush and just locked the locker then realised there mistake (there car keys were on the same key ring), I gave them my cheep picks to try to open it but stopped them after 20min, I had it open in about 8min (felt longer as I was crouched down the whole time I was working on it. and my knees are not what they use to be) but I have been picking alot of commando locks lately so I was ready for it. :D
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Joe Momma wrote:
mdc5150 wrote:It took me about 5 minutes.

Did the customer ask about more secure locks after you killed it in 5 minutes?

No they didn't. They have 125 locations and these are propane storage racks outside the store so they are actually pretty secure under the circumstances. Though I am trying to get them converted to Pacific Locks I/c hockey puck padlocks so they can be on the store master.
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 pm

Anarchy_won wrote:I had to pick a commando padlock last night at work. It was on a locker (that had the keys inside) one of my people was in a rush and just locked the locker then realised there mistake (there car keys were on the same key ring), I gave them my cheep picks to try to open it but stopped them after 20min, I had it open in about 8min (felt longer as I was crouched down the whole time I was working on it. and my knees are not what they use to be) but I have been picking alot of commando locks lately so I was ready for it. :D

I have not run into a Commando in the wild yet. I would love to see them though.
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:44 pm

mdc5150 wrote: I have not run into a Commando in the wild yet. I would love to see them though.

I gave the lock to the person :D he had a bunch of Stuff he wanted secure in his locker so I offered him one of my new Commandos (still in the box ) and he put his key ring (with both keys) on his jacket. and locked it :???: so I still got to pick it before it was opened with a key but just not sitting on my couch watching TV and in the chat here..
What really added to the challenge was all my little smart ass underlings just standing around watching me and cracking jokes about me not getting it open. :twisted: soon as that lock popped open everyone shut up, I looked up and only saw :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:54 am

Look for Bosnian Bills Lock Lab on Youtube, hes doing a master puck and shrouded hasp on a workbench, but he pretty much trashes it quick

for working in some locations, it is necessary to form a special tension tool to get at the lock, or even pick tools that have long or bent handles.

its really not hard to simply bend a tension to fit a special situation. and it makes the job easy

Return to Lock Picking