FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lockpicking in Movies

<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Lockpicking in Movies

Ganbat75 wrote:Just saw it on last episode of Limitless, and it's less than half sec.
limitless.109.hdtv-lol[ettv].mp4_snapshot_23.29_[2015.11.18_22.40.36].jpg

I like how he is using pin tumbler picks in a lever lock. At least he is using a tension wrench. (snicker snicker) :)

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

Bigdipper08

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:11 am

https://vid.me/6C9k check this out.
A spy is just a criminal with a government paycheck.....
<<

bitbuster

Post Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:23 am

pretty small keyway
"I dream of a world where, chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."......Ralph Waldo Emerson
<<

nine4t4

Familiar Face

Post Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:58 pm

It's sad. The cartoon has as much accuracy as most TV shows, or vice versa. There is a youtube play list with various bits of picking in media. Some are funny, Rosharch looks picks a lock with such flourish is looks like he was trying to destroy it. The collector has a clip with 2 picks being used and no tensioner (extra comedy points for choosing a "city rake" and a half-ball)

Some are sad. Et tu MacGyver? Et TU?!!!

De Niro in Midnight Run. Tensioner and homebrew snap gun. Unfortunately, the snap gun "tip" looks more like a Falle-Safe Deep curve pick. And then he proceeds to snap the picks individually. And he's done in typical movie time. Maybe it's an unspoken rule that you can't show accurate picking in movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUcZEX5RkzU (I can't get youtube to window in a post).

I occasionally get the "Why are you taking so long? It should only take a few seconds. My response is similar to when I'm solving a Rubik's cube, "The only people that talk about how quickly it can be done are the ones that CAN'T do it at all and are talking out of their ass. Picking a good lock in seconds ONLY happens in movies, and it's sad that you can't separate reality from the time compressed fiction you watch." Of course, murphy's law kicks in immediately, and the lock pops in record time just to spite me.
JOB: (n.) a series of tasks that aren't enjoyable, but are done in return for money. see Prostitution
A LIVING: (n.) A means of enjoying ones existence that also provides financial compensation. see Freedom
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:54 am

nine4t4 wrote:"The only people that talk about how quickly it can be done are the ones that CAN'T do it at all and are talking out of their ass. Picking a good lock in seconds ONLY happens in movies, and it's sad that you can't separate reality from the time compressed fiction you watch." Of course, murphy's law kicks in immediately, and the lock pops in record time just to spite me.

It does happen in reality, but not too often. And yes, Mr. Murphy just loves to take the low shots, doesn't he?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

norwoodgolf

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:48 am

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 00.39.30 AM.jpg

This is from the final episode of the Cinemax series "Banshee." Picking what looks to be a Master 230? The picker, Lucas Hood, is talking about how he's scrubbing but the pick never moves once it's inside the keyway. Only takes ten seconds to get an open. "Click!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous

Return to Lock Picking