FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lockpicking in Movies

<<

coldrake

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Lockpicking in Movies

Svenito wrote: As a programmer [...] forgive _some_ shortcuts

Like trying to use markdown? ;)

On a related note, but still continuing the computer security tangent, my favorite pseudo hacking scene by far is the NCIS "Two Geeks, One Keyboard" attempt to thwart an attack: http://youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ (forgive the mobile link)
<<

jfw

Familiar Face

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:02 pm

Doesn't show the picking action in the movie, but preparation was good.

copycat1.png

copycat2.png

Movie is Copycat 1995
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Nice! Keep them coming guys.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Svenito

Post Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:48 am

coldrake wrote:
Svenito wrote: As a programmer [...] forgive _some_ shortcuts

Like trying to use markdown? ;)

On a related note, but still continuing the computer security tangent, my favorite pseudo hacking scene by far is the NCIS "Two Geeks, One Keyboard" attempt to thwart an attack: http://youtu.be/u8qgehH3kEQ (forgive the mobile link)

I've gotten used to a lot of bad habits ;)

YES, the dual wielding keyboards. A classic, much like the IRC scene in Numbers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ
Or another CSI "Visual basic to track an IP address" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

EDIT: Sorry, no more non-lockpicking posts
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:23 pm

Can't find a video clip or picture of this, but...

Someone told me a recent episode from the tv show 'scorpion' had a safe cracking scene where they used
a glass of water that sat atop the safe. Each time the correct # was dialed, the water would vibrate slightly.

I'm sure this made for a interesting & suspenseful scene, lol, but I do believe that... http://youtu.be/4FFG1NqKzCg
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Oldfast, everyone knows water won't do that, it has to be lime jello to get the proper readings!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:54 am

Just saw the beginning of the Val Kilmer version of The Saint. Really bad movie. Didn’t watch the rest.

The young Val (about 10 YO), at school, impressions a key for an old lever pad lock, on his pen knife blade with a file.

All in one go. Without even putting it on the lock - all from memory seemingly.

Worked first time!!!!! and the impressioned knife blade/key was for a pin tumbler lock!!

AMAZING.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:07 pm

Neilau wrote:Just saw the beginning of the Val Kilmer version of The Saint. Really bad movie. Didn’t watch the rest.

The young Val (about 10 YO), at school, impressions a key for an old lever pad lock, on his pen knife blade with a file.

All in one go. Without even putting it on the lock - all from memory seemingly.

Worked first time!!!!! and the impressioned knife blade/key was for a pin tumbler lock!!

AMAZING.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Must not have been a Yale keyway!

Nice catch, Neilau. :D

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

overWeight

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:47 pm

Elementry, the current US version of Sherlock Holmes, has picking in about half the episodes. The picking is "real" in that a wrench is used, pins are moved, and a core is turned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by overWeight on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:10 pm

Wow guys I have not pay this thread attention thinking it wouldn't be much but boy was I wrong. Thanks for all of the laughs. 2 nerd on one keyboard and that Asian clip did it for me hahahahaha.

Oldfast, Im trying to remember the name of the movie (very bad with names I am) but its with Robert De Niro as they worked a Musuam for a golden staff like thing and they blew up a safe with water. Drilled a hole in the top of the safe then filled it up with water and dropped a stick of TNT. arhhh if I remember Ill post it but I think you guys may realize what movie I am talking about. The other main actor played a mentally handicap janitor.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm

Gleb... "The Score". Mythbusters gave it a try http://youtu.be/WQZSwhy7ZmU
<<

rerun12

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Oldfast wrote:Gleb... "The Score". Mythbusters gave it a try http://youtu.be/WQZSwhy7ZmU

ah man i love that movie. i remember watching that ep of mythbusters and if i recall correctly that explosive bypass worked but the MB guys said it would've destroyed everything in the safe but they forgot the goods were in locked boxes inside the safe.

anyway though great movie! ive been meaning to go back and watch the part where dineros character picks the padlock on the gate guarding underground tunnels. im pretty sure he does it correctly and pops the thing in seconds! dude was such a boss in that movie, three generations of great actors. my favorite line at the end: "so when did you start thinking you were smarter than me?" haha love it!
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand.
<<

Deadlock

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:31 am

Not a film, but a TV show. The Big Bang Theory. A lot of old episodes were shown on a British TV channel the other day. One of them was Season 6, Episode 8 - The 43 Peculiarity.

Howard and Raj discover that Sheldon disappears somewhere for 20 minutes every day. They find out he has a secret room in the basement. Howard pulls a small black case out of his pocket and picks the lock. His hands are mainly hidden by the doorframe, but he's definitely using two tools and it takes him more than 5 seconds as well. It's more accurate than most films. This is at about 9:45 in. This episode was first aired by CBS on November 15th 2012.

As you all know, there's been a thread on the light side titled, "Lockpicking in Motion Pictures?" that's been going for years. I've just looked through it and this is not on there. :smile:
<<

Neilau

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Later in that same episode Howard comes out with a brilliant statement.

When asked how he got hold of a Mars Rover camera he said;

" Million dollar camera, ten dollar lock"

Priceless.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:57 pm

HA! lol
PreviousNext

Return to Lock Picking