FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Lockpicking in Movies

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:18 am

Lockpicking in Movies

I thought this was amusing. First movie I've actually seen it done right with a tensioner... on an old Russwin cylinder. I don't know how many times I've seen people using pick guns with no tensioner, or just a pick with no tensioner or other absurdities. The picker in this movie actually makes some slight wiggling with the pick almost like a jiggling rake motion.

Movie is Taking Lives with Angelina Jolie.

tl.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

selim

Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist
Diabolical Pinning Master & Lock Philanthropist

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 am

Re: Lockpicking in Movies

Never seen the movie, but still think she is HOT

when a customer walks into work with a lock with no key,, ME " it ain't like on tv, leave it ,and i'll call when I have a key for it"

then just charge for thr key's
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:20 am

Whenever I would open doors for the police they would always joke around about how it takes Ziva a lot less time to pick a lock. I would always reply that I left my TV lock picks at home.
<<

escher7

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:21 am

More and more TV programs are getting it right. The ones that bother me are the safe cracking shots where they give you the sound of the tumblers "falling" into place. And then there are the scenes of guys like Tony on NCIS blinking every time he fores a shot on the firing range, which no trained agent would ever do. But then they are fictional shows.
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:26 am

The blink occurs, but after the bullet has left the barrel. It is flinching up before the shot that kills the shot.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

DIY Dave

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:55 am

I was just watching white collar last night and I noticed how it took him mere seconds to drill a 1 inch hole through a safe door then listened to the combination click into place on the lock

mdchurchill wrote:Whenever I would open doors for the police they would always joke around about how it takes Ziva a lot less time to pick a lock. I would always reply that I left my TV lock picks at home.

It really annoys me when someone comments on how long it's taking me after picking for 15 seconds. That's what I should tell them too.
<<

UnlockD

Familiar Face

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:21 am

In the show Homeland a CIA agent picks the door, in what I'd say was about.. 3-5 seconds.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 pm

mdchurchill wrote:Whenever I would open doors for the police they would always joke around about how it takes Ziva a lot less time to pick a lock. I would always reply that I left my TV lock picks at home.

So the police actually have people that do that for them? How did you get into that? It sounds interesting!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

DIY Dave wrote:It really annoys me when someone comments on how long it's taking me after picking for 15 seconds. That's what I should tell them too.

One guy would literally not stop talking the entire time I was trying to pick a lock for him. He was even asking me questions. So annoying. Now I just ignore them even if they speak to me.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:21 pm

Daggers wrote:

So the police actually have people that do that for them? How did you get into that? It sounds interesting!

I used to live/work in Bullhead City. There are a lot of snowbirds and Californians there. It's pretty common for them to get calls from concerned relatives on a regular basis that their loved one has not been heard from. I suppose it didn't take them long to figure out that it was cheaper to pay us to open the door than to repair the damage the size 12 lockpicks they have would do. I once got a call at a mobile home park, the first one I unlocked and it was apparent before I even got all the way to the door the person was deceased, no sooner did I have it picked than the officer taps me on the shoulder and says "Can you go over to number 6 and open it for that officer, we have another one over there."
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:45 am

Not a movie but a quiz show.

Lockpicking and TOOOL was covered in an episode of QI (Series K Episode 8 of 18) which was broadcast by BBC2 on Saturday 26 Oct 2013.

Skip to 5:50 to watch the piece on TOOOL:

Apparently lockpicking is a laughable hobby :(
<<

Gregted

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:54 am

Just watched " Taking Lives " and that front door must be a 2 pin lock. Took Angelina 5 seconds max.

Another thing I realized is before I started picking locks, I would have remembered the movie for the topless scene and not the lock picking.
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam
"I shall either find a way, or make a way myself."

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” ― George Bernard Shaw
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:32 am

Gregted wrote:Another thing I realized is before I started picking locks, I would have remembered the movie for the topless scene and not the lock picking.

Wasn't that just a rediculous scene? It actually made me laugh by how absurd and overdone it was.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Revenge of the Ninja (1983): Using two knife blades (seemingly) to turn the lock while shimming the bolt :)

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:21 pm

I like where this thread is going. I'm going to start posting shots of picking I see in movies.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
Next

Return to Lock Picking