FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Raking dimples

<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Raking dimples

Hey guys!

This isn't anything big, but it's something I found out, and would like your opinion on this.

:cityrake:
Lately, I've been messing around with some dimple locks, both SPP and raking. I found out the long rake works VERY well on most dimples.
I mean really well. I've handmade dimple rakes before that worked like ass, and this one is pretty good.

I've also seen a Bogota for raking dimples working pretty well, but I can't get the hang of it!
What do you use to rake dimples? (for people who rakes dimples of course :mrgreen:)

Here's a vid (I know I know, nothing fancy, but explains what I mean) for you to understand:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Raking dimples

Very nice, Filipe. How does it work with spools?

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Good question!
The only dimple with spools I have in the MTL Garrison. And I found out that I can only properly use this rake on locks with wards that help to point the pick the right way. The MTL almost had no wards so it's kinda difficult. I can, however, make it go to a false set crazy fast, and then finish SPP... But after getting it to false set, can't use the rake anymore :???:
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 13, 2013 2:54 am

I've raked a Melenico Magnum with a filed wiper insert , i just tapered it to about 1mm and put a 90 degree bend in the tip of it , raked and found the second false set in around 30 seconds usually , then turn the wiper around and push the sliders over with the other end , TA DAA !
Open Sez Me !
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 13, 2013 5:28 am

That is so cool!
- GWiens2001
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon May 13, 2013 12:48 pm

"One does not simply rake dimpes." ~ Dorlerynn, High Pickforge Supreme

Disregard that quote. I've raked dimples, with a short hook/diamond... haven't had much success, but I did get a Yale 5-pin dimple padlock open, and was able to rake a Nabob 5-pin-in-pin mortise open.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image

Return to Lock Picking