FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Southord dimple picks PXD7

<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am

Southord dimple picks PXD7

I just received these picks from Lockpick Canada and I'm quite disappointed with them. First of all one of the handles was fell off as I was checking them out. And 2nd they jamb up like there is no tomorrow. Now I'm trying to use them on mtl's (only dimp locks I own) and there is absolutely no way the rakes will work, that I can figure out anyway. The singles usually get stuck too...now I sent them an email and they say send em back and they' ll fix or send me new ones, but to me, that just ain't the point. I've written an inflammatory email explaining that I've got better things to do then go through all of that. Such as making and posting videos showing that they suck horse dick. But I've held back sending it just to get some feedback you guys. I could put a lot of work into these to make them usable but to what end? More people will buy these and be as disappointed as I. See even if the handle didn't come broken it soon would be, due to the strain you need to put on them just to get them out of the lock....I've only one good thing to say about the product and that's about the tension bar and plug turner they are cool and come with holes at the end so they can go on your keyring. Any feedback would be appreciated. Peace n Tanks :armed:
Ps have to recant my earlier good review of the tensioner doesn't even fit in any mlt with warding.... Why? It's like 2mm maybe 3mm thick it's as thick as the key...lol
Last edited by Diazaman on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 am

Re: Southord dimple picks PXD7

Try the 15 piece set. One of the best purchases I've ever made:

http://www.southord.com/Lock-Picking-To ... k-Set.html
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:59 am

I have had the 15 piece set for quite a while. It has held up through serious abuse. None of the picks are broken or bent. They are extremely strong. The handle is very versatile and will hold custom made tools. I highly recommend it. You can even use these for picking sidebars or sliders and I've even used it to pick a normal pin tumbler.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks bro, it's funny I just tried them on an actual mlt paddy and the tensioner won't fit at all!!! This is due to the warding. I'm thinking These picks are not even designed for these locks...the lock I've bin working with has no warding I'm not even sure what it is lol... it does have 5 telescoping pins and a tiny pic of the Garrison key guy on the face of the core....but it's a lamenated ,weatherproof with a black plastic collar at the top...like the Master pro series, kinda.... Got no key either.
I hear the Souber's are good 2 ?
Do you think I should do the review?
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:56 am

I have never personally used Souber or GOSO dimple picks so I cannot comment on them.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 am

Have you seen the ones I'm talking about? PXD7 they are on the site you sent me to? The reason I got em's cuz of the rakes, plus I couldn't see the reason for all the picks in the 15 piece set...and I was kinda worried about the picks falling out... But after your review I just might!
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:48 am

Diazaman wrote:Have you seen the ones I'm talking about? PXD7 they are on the site you sent me to? The reason I got em's cuz of the rakes, plus I couldn't see the reason for all the picks in the 15 piece set...and I was kinda worried about the picks falling out... But after your review I just might!

Yes I did look at what you bought and I would not have purchased it.

For the 15 piece set, the picks do not fall out of the handle if you screw it down tightly. I don't know how better to say this but I have abused the absolute fuck out of the handle and the picks for about 3 years and they are both still solid.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

easy-e

Familiar Face

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Diazaman wrote:Have you seen the ones I'm talking about? PXD7 they are on the site you sent me to? The reason I got em's cuz of the rakes, plus I couldn't see the reason for all the picks in the 15 piece set...and I was kinda worried about the picks falling out... But after your review I just might!

Those look weird. I'm not sure I would even call them dimple picks. I've been looking for a good set and I'm going to go with the 15 piece. It looks sexy :mrgreen: Thanks Xeo for the recommendation!!!
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 pm

I've actually just ordered the Goso version. It looks absolutely the same, I think they make it in the same factory...
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:24 pm

You meen like mine? If so when are they due...I hope you have better luck then I did!
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

easy-e wrote:

Those look weird. I'm not sure I would even call them dimple picks. I've been looking for a good set and I'm going to go with the 15 piece. It looks sexy :mrgreen: Thanks Xeo for the recommendation!!!

This is what I'm saying!....though at the time of purchase I thought cool, dimple picks with rakes...yea I do love rakes so shoot me lol...they also look heavy duty compared with say the 15 piece set...the Souber set didn't catch my eye either so....I'm also a cheap bastard! Lol :D
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm

xeo wrote:

Yes I did look at what you bought and I would not have purchased it.

For the 15 piece set, the picks do not fall out of the handle if you screw it down tightly. I don't know how better to say this but I have abused the absolute fuck out of the handle and the picks for about 3 years and they are both still solid.

Ok, ok I tap, you win I'm gonna get em'....maybe lol...still looking at the Souber's
You said that you wouldn't purchase the PXD7 set just from looking... Could you explain why...so I don't make the same type of mistake again....your obviously seeing something I'm not... I still think they look good...I'm being serious Xeo. Peace n Tanks :agree:
DONT FEED THE BEARS
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm

No, I got this kind:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/403383 ... k_Pick.jpg

They seem to me as exactly the same as southord. I'm a bit worried about manufacturing quality though...
I hope they are actually made at the same place (happens a lot of time with Chinese stuff. The factory works for the big name company during the day and during the night they do the same thing for either themselves or a less known company. So they are theoretically fake but technically they aren't.)
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Regarding the PXD7 set - they look to me to be more like the picks/rakes for auto laser locks. Dimple rakes are like a wavy shape.
<<

Diazaman

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:53 pm

ARF-GEF wrote:No, I got this kind:

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/403383 ... k_Pick.jpg

They seem to me as exactly the same as southord. I'm a bit worried about manufacturing quality though...
I hope they are actually made at the same place (happens a lot of time with Chinese stuff. The factory works for the big name company during the day and during the night they do the same thing for either themselves or a less known company. So they are theoretically fake but technically they aren't.)

Your link don't work for me Eric it says no photo. so it must be the the 15 piece right?
Yea I feel ya on the chinese end...mine are from Southern Ordinances, an American company? But are made in china and distributed from lots of dealers so complaining to lockpick canada like I'm doing ain't really getting to the proper ears...so...
DONT FEED THE BEARS
Next

Return to Lock Picking