FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Kawneer Mortice lock

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Kawneer Mortice lock

I picked up this Kawneer mortice lock with a key that wouldn't work. I tried picking for several days to no avail. I finally slid the pin bar off and dissassembled it to check it out. Much to my surprise, all the top pins are mushroom spool pins. And to make matters worse, it was the wrong key for the lock. I repinned it for the supplied key and put it back together with all the mushroom pins. I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the keyway dosn't give a person a lot of room to work the pick, but now that I know what's inside, I plan on beating it,someday...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Kawneer Mortice lock

Gotta love locks like that. Looks like a mean bitting with that first cut at max depth. What pick are you using on it?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:33 pm

That's part of my problem, I don't have a thin enough deep hook to get to the back pins. I'm going to have to make me another pick,but that's what I like about this job. I've tried several diamonds and my regular hooks, but with all the mushroom pins, it really is tougher for me than my american locks. :twisted:
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

By the way, who makes Kawneer? or do they make their own locks?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 am

I dont know who makes the locks, i dont think that kawneer makes locks anymore, i believe they went undr or sold out, however they make all kinds of door hardware, and doors, I dont think its still the original company as the one who made the locks.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 am

Kawneer is still used as a brand name, but has been bought by alcoa, a popular aluminum poducts company based in the states.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:18 am

Why is that poor Sargent upside down?!
All Sargents should be forwarded to me for proper safekeeping :)
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 am

oldbiscuit wrote:That's part of my problem, I don't have a thin enough deep hook to get to the back pins. I'm going to have to make me another pick,but that's what I like about this job. I've tried several diamonds and my regular hooks, but with all the mushroom pins, it really is tougher for me than my american locks. :twisted:

Try a southord slim short hook. I've found these fit rather nicely in annoying keyways. To set each pin don't go in directly from the front, but twist it up through the warding.

... and if you get really pissed off with it send it to me to pick and return to you. :D
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image

Return to Lock Picking