FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Pix Pax lock picks

<<

oldbiscuit

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:50 am

Pix Pax lock picks

I found these picks in a box of junk that i purchased on an estate sale years ago. I've never seen the brand "PIX-PAX" They are kind of bulky and don't give very good feedback, at least for me. Has anyone ever seen these picks?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It never fails - as soon as I find the key to success, somebody changes the lock!"
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Pix Pax lock picks

Can't say that I have, but looking at them, I can see why you'd have the feedback and bulkiness issues. As thy came from an estate sale, they look to be in fairly good condition though. Always neat to see different stuff you've not run across before :)
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

jailersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 pm

Looks like a knock-off of Ilco's 825 series lock picks. The handle is shaped like the larger removeable one, that came with some of their kits.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 am

jailersmith wrote:Looks like a knock-off of Ilco's 825 series lock picks. The handle is shaped like the larger removeable one, that came with some of their kits.

Either a knock-off or an older sister-product:

Notice that these handles say UNIPIX. I'm geussing that the "UNI" part is to suggest that these are "UNIversal" handles for the picks. Kaba -Ilco still make this style of lockpick set: http://www.kaba.com.au/Products-Solutions/Locksmith-Products/Locksmith-tools/32934/picks.html. Again I'm guessing, but I suspect that the PIX-PAX picks came first and because the handles are so bulky the pick case would have had to be huge and impractical. Someone then had the idea to make the handle detachable and just include one or two of the plastic handles in the set and these handles fit all the pick blades in the set. Hence the "UNIversal". Interesting find regardless.

Return to Lock Picking